#61 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hi everyone just got back from z cars with mini in tow and thought i would post, also driven it for the first time-but only into my garage!!! :!: Sorry the pictures are a bit c##p,only me arches to sort and i can take it somewhere to have a go in it -cant wait im like a kid at christmas :P

Not bad-and the car on the trailer looks ok as well!!

Attached Files

Edited by oli79, 10 April 2007 - 10:16 PM.

#62 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

Any progress?
I got a query for you?
What is the distance between the 2 rose joints shown in the pic on your front subframe?

Attached File  Picture267149.jpg   85.26K   200 downloads

Cheers

#63 Sammy D

Sammy D

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 10:17 PM

This car is just something else, wow.

Bet you're pleased with it! Is it going to be a bit of a daily driver or just special days?

#64 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:18 AM

Great stuff! Looks great. As does the split screen camper I spy in the background of one of the pics.

#65 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

Any progress?
I got a query for you?
What is the distance between the 2 rose joints shown in the pic on your front subframe?

Attached File  Picture267149.jpg   85.26K   200 downloads

Cheers

Hiya mark-been really busy so not a lot done since it came back but have come to an arch decision which ive started on tonight.As i had an early subframe the upper drop link has been replaced with the latest varient by z's, as has a lot of the front suspension arms under what they call waranty work, never the less will measure it tom night and post a pic of the new setup

#66 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

This car is just something else, wow.

Bet you're pleased with it! Is it going to be a bit of a daily driver or just special days?

Hi there thanks for that shes getting there now,didnt really build it as a daily driver more fast road, trackdays, drag racing that sort of thing-cant wait to use it though!

#67 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Great stuff! Looks great. As does the split screen camper I spy in the background of one of the pics.

Thanks for that, the camper belongs to my sisters boyfriend its a minter but its cost a bloody fortune, makes my build look cheap!! The red mini is mine thats a good un too but need to get shut now the weather is good- need the money ;)

#68 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

I am going to have to keep my eye out on the streets of Sheff for this once it's done. I love the quality your building it too! Are you going to be putting any bumpers on the GRP front end? Im thinking of changing my gront end to GRP, but the only thing that puts me off is the lack of bumper mounts.

#69 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:45 PM

I am going to have to keep my eye out on the streets of Sheff for this once it's done. I love the quality your building it too! Are you going to be putting any bumpers on the GRP front end? Im thinking of changing my gront end to GRP, but the only thing that puts me off is the lack of bumper mounts.

You Just need 3 little brackets fastened through the front end for the bumper to mount on, its ok as the bumper isnt really heavy, i have one on my flip front.

cheers

#70 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hiya bud not long to go now, i hope to be flying about in it soon, as marks says above, the bumper is just held on with 3 simple alloy brackets bolted through the grp.I found i had to cut a curved piece out of the rear of the bumper on each side to fit the profile of the grp front (they are never the same as a steel front) its easy done with some of the extra thin stainless cutting discs in the grinder and cleaned up with a sanding disc.I have a few small bottle jacks which i have aquired for pence at autojumbles, found the best way was to use 3 to hold the bumper up in front of the car-one to support each end and one in the centre allows you to adjust the height and stand back and look if its correct then measure and make ur brackets, bit of work involved but its worth the effort-personally i like them with bumpers on- best of luck with it

ta oli

#71 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:59 PM

Hiya everyone hope the builds are going ok, been a busy bee myself but have managed to get some work done, had a few hours today so washed it when i was finished as it was covered in workshop grime and it seemed like a good chance to take some pics while it was outside

Attached File  Picture_267270.jpg   1.2MB   98 downloads

Attached File  Picture_267272.jpg   1.2MB   107 downloads

Attached File  Picture_267273.jpg   1.2MB   94 downloads

also got both my seats harnesses and harness bar in now as well as all the rear bukhead although have took top bit off for now while im wiring

Attached File  Picture_267276.jpg   1.21MB   102 downloads

#72 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Also got my gauges last week so have made my dash and spent this afternoon wiring it got some things working- just a few bits to do now to get it all up an running....

Posted Image

(took steering wheel off)

Posted Image

this is how it looks to me

Posted Image

Posted Image

little bits to do now like refiting my tank which i have pulled out to fit the sender to- need some 3/8 fuel line so i can refit with me pre filter in

Posted Image

Edited by oli79, 07 May 2007 - 07:29 PM.

#73 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

looking good oli!

looks like we'll both have to meet up in them soon! :genius:

#74 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

looking good oli!

looks like we'll both have to meet up in them soon! :genius:

cheers ade yours is looking ace,looks like a race to the finish lol-think you will be done before me, was going to come down today to have a look at yours but just been unusually busy at the moment,was supposed to have a full day on my car sun but that went out the window, will defo come down soon though- will be in touch

#75 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hi all just a quick update nearly there now, just a couple of jobs left to do but nothing major, stuck sportpack arches back on for mot still no word on my z cars ones-got it booked for an MOT in the morning so wish me luck!! having the morning off work as well as mot man said it would be best for me to be there :P

finally got most things finished under bonnet

Posted Image

made meself some door cards :-

Posted Image

and as you can see have recovered the dash in the same black vinyl because when i was sat in the car in the sun it was like having a mirror instead of a dash!! :)

Posted Image

also had to move the indicator telltale warning lights to fit the electric demist heaters so put them up with all the other lights-got all gauges working now apart from oil pressure as waiting on z cars again

Posted Image

just going now to fit my fake filler neck to fill the old petrol tank hole :techsupport:

cheers

Edited by oli79, 31 May 2007 - 05:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users