#1 not so mini dan

not so mini dan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

I had to drill out a stud for a rear subframe mounting point and have ballsed up the drilling so now there is a bit of the stud left in the bottom and i think the hole has been ovaled slightly. Yes i am a tit, any advice?

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

Which bolt or screw are we talking about? There are no studs in the rear subframe. Unless you count the pins holding the rear trunnions on as studs, hopefully you don't mean that.

Edited by Dan, 02 March 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#3 mini_nutz

mini_nutz

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

I have had this problem b4 if its the 2 bolts either side that are positioned behind the radius arms holding on the subframe. These cause many problems as the dirt and water is thrown from the tyres into the gap behind the radius arm.

I had a bolt shear and tryed to drill it out and re tap it but the nut welded inside the sill broke and fell into the sill. To solve the issue i had to cut a small hole in the sill and weld in a new nut and weld up the hole after filling the silll wiv the important wax oil. I think this is the nut you are refering too. If not then im talking a load of **it.

Supposedly you want to do a similar thing by cutting a hole in the sill and removing the nut with the half drilled stud in it and replacing it or you could increase the size of the hole and put a bigger nut and bolt in it or put a threaded insert into the increased hole size.

Not sure if thats any help,

Warren

#4 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 02 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

urm phone me there is a repair system for this :proud:

#5 not so mini dan

not so mini dan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Local Club: NA

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:15 PM

urm phone me there is a repair system for this :proud:

Really? Do tell

Cheers for the advice by the way, it was the subframe bolt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users