5 replies to this topic

#1 dave 17

dave 17

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi been having trouble wit my carb discovered the bit at the bottom of carb was bent so i replaced the whole carb wit a standard unit in good working order.
Fitted yesterday and ran better than it ever has.Then i parked it up last night and went 2 it 2 day and now its hardly driveable.
Its got no power and is popping and banging from the exhaust .
Only thing is i changed the gasket on the manifold side of the carb wer it attaches to the plate ,i used gasket paper and made it quite thick however i tryed the wd40 spray trick and the revs didnt drop so i guess gasket ok .
How do i adjust the tuning Rich/lean or wotever .it sounds like it sucking to much at air filter.
cheers sorry bout all that but i totaly confused lol
Dave

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

Did you adjust the carb mix?

Did you fill the dashpot with oil?

Did you put the right sized carb on?

#3 dave 17

dave 17

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

yer right carb and dash pot has oil in it .how do i adjust the mix??
cheers

#4 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

ah. two methods.

1) Life pin, very general way to set up the car. When look at the carb from the engine bay, stick your hand on the left side of the carb and theres a pin with a spring on it It's just below the dashpot housing, main body of the carb. The pin points up. Push the pin up. IF the car dies then it's too lean, so turn the jet adjuster nut (on the sitcky down bit of the carb, jet needle assembly) to the right (when viewing carb from above. Turn a flat, then try the pin again. Keep going untill when you lift the pin the engine rev's up a little then goes back down.

If when you start the engine rev's up (using the lift pin) then it's too right so turn the nut to the left.

2) method 2, get a gunson colour tune, then follow the instructions.

method 1 is cheaper. :D

#5 dave 17

dave 17

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

cheers mate will try that

#6 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:01 PM

Should do it from warm, but if your mini is really acting up do it cold. Go for a drive then do it again to make sure it's right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users