#1 bassmini

bassmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Local Club: kernow-kruz

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

took my carb off and have just put it bac on, alls well alls connected, start the car, redlining, stop it, slacken the accelerator cable, stil redlining, slacken more, start it , umm sounds good ideling nicely, oh wats this i press the accelerator and nothing, no rise in engine speed at all, any ideas chaps or chapesses, in diar need as i got drivin test in couple days and neeeeeeed the car fingers crossed

#2 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

couple of questions what did you do to the carb when you took it off?
how much did you strip it down?
what did you change?

did you connect everything up correctlly, i mean the linkage for the throttle, you may have put it back on wrong.

can you post up some pictures of the linkages so we can have a look at them.

#3 bassmini

bassmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

couple of questions what did you do to the carb when you took it off?
how much did you strip it down?
what did you change?

did you connect everything up correctlly, i mean the linkage for the throttle, you may have put it back on wrong.

can you post up some pictures of the linkages so we can have a look at them.

i took it off, because i had a new carb on the way and wanted to get it on as soon as it came , got it free and found out mine was in better condish, so put mine strate bac on, did nothin to it, the accelerator cables frayed could that make any difference?

#4 bassmini

bassmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

#5 rozzer!

rozzer!

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

that is the cause of the problem i will bet, the times this has happened to me. could possibly be an air leak tho.

#6 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:54 AM

If the carb had been turned upside down at any time there is a chance that the plunger could have stuck open thus giving you full throttle. The eventually its become unstuck and dropped back down after the second adjustment. Have you adjusted it again since it has been idling ok? I would have a play with the throttle with the cable disconnected to see if it now acts how it should.

#7 bassmini

bassmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 06:09 PM

Posted Image

that is the cause of the problem i will bet, the times this has happened to me. could possibly be an air leak tho.

so you reckon its the cable yea,

well what it is, u turn it on idles lovely, better than ever, rev it , it stays open hmmmmm

#8 rozzer!

rozzer!

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image

so you reckon its the cable yea,

well what it is, u turn it on idles lovely, better than ever, rev it , it stays open hmmmmm

have u tried wd40'ing the cable? it could be dry. if this doesnt work then wd40 the linkage just to be 100%certain as it would be annoying to rush out and buy a new cable when its a little bit simpler!

#9 bassmini

bassmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:21 AM

oh ye i forgot to mention, it was the cable, the earth had screwed up and melted the casing of the cable, new earth, new cable , sorted :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users