5 replies to this topic

#1 rozzer!

rozzer!

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

are there different size lcb's for the mini? i hear big bore and small bore exhausts mentioned but have never read or been told if there is a difference between the manifold its self or if its the centre pipe or what! can anyone explain?

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

you can get two diffrent ones from what I know. Theres a small bore one for high tuned small bore engines and a larger one for everything else. Highly tuned large engines should be either LCB or a 3-to-1 manifold.

On mild tune small bore engines tho a cooper freeflow manifold. is what you want.

Edited by Big_Adam, 06 March 2007 - 11:17 PM.

#3 cornflakes5210

cornflakes5210

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Local Club: sws south wales scoobys

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:46 AM

ok just read this i got a two inch supersport exhaust but i want the link pipe and manifold to be of a smaller bore is there anything i can buy so i can use a smaller bore link pipe and manifold on the exhaust as i have a 998.

#4 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:56 AM

Give Maniflow a ring with your requirements and they will make something up for you :D

#5 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

There is a large bore lcb only for BIG engines 1380 and upwards. This is a two inch system, the 'y' piece (2 1/8")will fit over a two inch pipe.

The standard type LCB of which there are many makes, will have a 'y' piece ( 1 7/8")that fits over a 1 3/4" pipe . However the 2" pipe will fit over the ( 1 7/8")'y' Piece.

It gets really confusing now as some people refer to the tail pipe when designating Big bore or Small bore. Playmini and Maniflow use these terms with regards to the actual interconnecting pipes from manifold to back box, so a big bore system is 2" and the small bore is 1 3/4"

Single box 2" systems should be left for turbo engines and 2" twin box systems for highly tuned engines and large cc engines.

Large bore LCB on a 998 is a waste and will do nothing for performance.

The 998 is commonly matched to the Maniflow Freeflow manifold. A 1275 is commonly matched to an LCB. and those who have big cc engines should use the big bore LCB. The 3 into 1 is best left for the race track.

Edited by Mini Sprocket, 07 March 2007 - 07:19 PM.

#6 rozzer!

rozzer!

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

There is a large bore lcb only for BIG engines 1380 and upwards. This is a two inch system, the 'y' piece (2 1/8")will fit over a two inch pipe.

The standard type LCB of which there are many makes, will have a 'y' piece ( 1 7/8")that fits over a 1 3/4" pipe . However the 2" pipe will fit over the ( 1 7/8")'y' Piece.

It gets really confusing now as some people refer to the tail pipe when designating Big bore or Small bore. Playmini and Maniflow use these terms with regards to the actual interconnecting pipes from manifold to back box, so a big bore system is 2" and the small bore is 1 3/4"

Single box 2" systems should be left for turbo engines and 2" twin box systems for highly tuned engines and large cc engines.

Large bore LCB on a 998 is a waste and will do nothing for performance.

The 998 is commonly matched to the Maniflow Freeflow manifold. A 1275 is commonly matched to an LCB. and those who have big cc engines should use the big bore LCB. The 3 into 1 is best left for the race track.

FINALLY! an explanation! cheers mini sprocket! i understand now! any idea where i can get a maniflow system from and how much are they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users