#1 le pickle

le pickle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hello,

the webasto roof on our BOC has stopped working.

We have not tried using it for a few months due to the weather, and over the winter we did have an electrical problem where the indicators/brake lights/reverse lights worked erratically for a month or so and then seemed to recover on their own?

It worked perfectly before and I wonder if the electrical fault may have caused this problem.

If anyone knows where I should check before sending her to the garage I would be very grateful.

We also had a problem with a broken top engine mount posted a while ago.
I had a mechanic weld a washer on to hold it in place. The engine no longer rocks by hand but when slowing or speeding up sharply there is a metallic clicking sound and the feeling that something is moving near the drivers feet.
I thought the mot today might locate the problem but she sailed through?
Thanks again

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:52 PM

Well there's an in-line fuse that controls the electric Webasto Sunroof and I'm pretty sure it has a white wire?

That particular in-line fuse holder is generally situated just to the left of the other 4 in-line fuse holders (these are positioned behind the air filter housing on the engine bulkhead), but the one that controls the Sunroof is closer to the main 4 fusebox. So check that the fuse holder is making contact/fitted together tightly and that the fuse hasn't blown too.

You can see a full list of all the other fuse and in-line fuse ratings here:-

Mini Fuse Link

As for the knocking noise by your feet, well the first thing i'd do is get the exhaust downpipe to gearbox (rear/side) bracket checked over. Because if the fixing bolt is loose or missing or if the bracket is loose then your complete exhaust manifold and downpipe is therefore loose (which is probably the case) and free to move about and it's likely to fracture if not secured properly.

Any good garage or exhaust fitter (avoid Kwik Fit though, because they don't know how to jack up a Mini properly, never mind effectively work on it) can sort it out for you.

For more information and advice regarding the Mini British Open Classic LE, you might want to check out this site:-

The British Open Classic Register Link

Posted Image

Edited by taffy1967, 08 March 2007 - 12:59 PM.

#3 le pickle

le pickle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

Thankyou for your advice,

I'll have a look right away!

#4 le pickle

le pickle

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:58 PM

had a poke around and the roof works!

brilliant, thank you!

i forgot to ask, do you know where we can get some sunshine!

#5 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

It's probably something simple, but I can't remember the actual correct fuse rating for the sunroof. The owners handbook would tell you if you have one, or contact the site master of The Mini British Open Classic Register, because he'll know for sure.

#6 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

i forgot to ask, do you know where we can get some sunshine!

I'm from South Wales and so have been asking that very question for years! :proud:

Glad you got it sorted mate. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users