Edmonds87

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hi people.
I have an issue regarding the lower arm bushes. The standard rubber ones which were previously fitted had a metal insert on the inner part of the bush. Ive bought some deflex replacements (which did not come with new inserts) and was wondering if the metal inserts are required with the polybushes aswell as the standard rubber ones?

Cheers

Chris

P.S. I replaced the standard bushes with the deflex polybushes on my last mini and didn't fit the metal inserts as they wouldn't fit. They seemed fine like this so just wondering if there really required?

#2 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

99% sure the deflex ones dont need them, only the 'soft' rubbers do...
a lot of the aftermarket hard bushes dont need the metal inserts - if they do need them, they will come with the bushes...

hth,
Dave

#3 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

I used metal inserts on all my poly bushed. If not there's a inch holes in the middle of the bush with a 5/16'ths bolt in the middle.

#4 Edmonds87

Edmonds87

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:37 AM

Thanks 4 the replies people. The bushes fit quite snugly over the supension pin so guess i dont need them. It was the same when i fitted them last time. Plus the metal inserts wont fit without fighting to bash it in with a hammer.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users