#1 DannyTip

DannyTip

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
  • Local Club: A Series Magpies

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

For an everyday car does anyone have any recommended settings for some spax adjustable's? Ive got them set about half way all round and things are a tad hard. Though ive not been in many other minis to compare.

Also i wouldn't exactly say my car is low at the front but its still dam close to the bump stops. What do people do with the bump stops with lowered cars? Looking at some surely they are riding on the bump stops? Or do people cut them down / remove them?

Edited by DannyTip, 15 March 2007 - 09:23 PM.

#2 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

For an everyday car does anyone have any recommended settings for some spax adjustable's? Ive got them set about half way all round and things are a tad hard. Though ive not been in many other minis to compare.

Also i wouldn't exactly say my car is low at the front but its still dam close to the bump stops. What do people do with the bump stops with lowered cars? Looking at some surely they are riding on the bump stops? Or do people cut them down / remove them?

I did this a while back for a few people, have you done a search for it?

#3 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:25 PM

I've got standard height Spax Adjustable Dampers and I set them to soft (right off as they generally come) for a short while and then increased the firmness (I have to turn a small screw with a screwdriver).

I've currently got the fronts on about 3 and the rears on 6 or 7 and the ride is firm without being uncomfortable and they hold on very well on the corners with virtually no body roll.

I've also got adjusta-rides too.

#4 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:39 PM

if ur interested a mighty mini racer told me his basic track settings were 5 - 7 clicks on the front and 15 or more clicks on the rear on otherwise standard suspension and yoko 539 tyres

beware tho at high speed this will give interesting results, the car will oversteer(back will come out), awesome fun tho if u have the right space to use it! just dont try it til u have had a few goes on a track!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users