15 replies to this topic

#1 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

We got some new pics of our mini from Z Cars. I've put all the pictures to date on my web space. The most recent pictures are at the top of the page.

Malc and Di's Z Cars mini

Malc and Di

#2 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:52 PM

Looking good =]

#3 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 10:59 PM

=]

#4 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:49 AM

Car is coming together pretty good! =]

Pics are a great help too!

Bet you can't wait to get on the road with it.

René

#5 USA-Fin

USA-Fin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

Great pics! What's the full story on the build?

Jim

#6 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:20 PM

=]

That's the way we feel

Edited by Malc and Di, 19 March 2007 - 05:22 PM.

#7 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

Car is coming together pretty good! =]

René

Can't remember ever looking forward to anything as much :P

#8 MiniMrMan

MiniMrMan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local Club: HEY Mini Owners Club

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

Car is coming together pretty good! :(

René

Can't remember ever looking forward to anything as much :X

You are not as close to beeing finished as i am... Mine is the black one in the end bay on the right. Im waitng for them to sort my wires out for me. Only thing is they have a nice red mk1 to do before they get on to mine! Not that i want to drive my mini or anything. lol

#9 ludsonline

ludsonline

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:34 PM

Looking Good Malc. :(

#10 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

Great pics! What's the full story on the build?

Jim

We're not sure of all the details not being experts. It's got the racing grade steel roll cage but it's not the welded version. The age of the car has thrown up some limitations about what can be done in some areas. The engine should be good for 235bhp but we couldn't quite stretch to the throttle bodies which would have given a bit more. Ummed and aahed about the lsd but we haven't gone for that, in the end. But we are having the carbon fibre dash. Di decided on that one! Apart from that there are no luxuries whatsover inside. We sold the interior to help pay for the build, the original engine too. The bulkhead is vertical as you can see. There was a reason why this was easier for Z Cars but I'm not sure what. That's fine by us. For stopping there's Wilwoods on the front, 4 pot, and Sierra Cosworths on the back. Some work had to be done on the gear lever mount as it was too low on the original. And some rust turned up when they started work on it which Z Cars repaired with their usual superb quality. We were showing some of our mates the pictures and there was a lot of appreciation expresed for the metalwork in there. People who know more about car suspension than us will know what is going on there. Our neighbour is a mechanic and he explained a few things about it. Basically we had a budget and asked Z Cars what they could do for that. Which was quite a lot as it turned out. I know some people go into these things making a lot of decisions and really speccing it up and that's fine if you know a lot about it. We don't but it's a great learning experience. So we have left a lot of the decisions to Z Cars. We liked the guys as soon as we met them at Brands Hatch and it really has been a pleasure dealing with them so far. Really easy-going and obviously loving what they do.

#11 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

your lucky! how often do you get to build a kit car and have a partner who wants to do it as well!? Not very often thats for sure! Looking good and good luck with the rest of it. :(

#12 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

your lucky! how often do you get to build a kit car and have a partner who wants to do it as well!? Not very often thats for sure! Looking good and good luck with the rest of it. :X

Di is worse than me! She's a hell of a good driver though and she's got a wicked route to work, down through the twisty lanes. Me, I drive 6 miles into Croydon :(

#13 Vegas superstar

Vegas superstar

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Looking good there my friend. Bet your itching to get in it. What's the story with the gear lever mount? Are you using that interesting aluminium box thing to mount it higher?

#14 steveo

steveo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: looking

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

Di is worse than me! She's a hell of a good driver though and she's got a wicked route to work, down through the twisty lanes. Me, I drive 6 miles into Croydon :(
[/quote]

my folks live in croydon, only good roads i no are around biggin hill and addington.....is that where you are thinkin?

#15 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

Di is worse than me! She's a hell of a good driver though and she's got a wicked route to work, down through the twisty lanes. Me, I drive 6 miles into Croydon :ermm:

my folks live in croydon, only good roads i no are around biggin hill and addington.....is that where you are thinkin?

Yes mate. Once you get beyond Addington there are some fantastic roads. Good at night! You can flog it around up Featherbed Lane and that. There are some good lanes beyond Woldingham, one in particular I can think of and all roads into Edenbridge are nice and twisty. Also if you go from Biggin Hill towards Cudham that gets pretty interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users