#16 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:29 PM

I have seen metty 4 pots machined to fit under 10s - I was going to buy some. I think someone like FRA did them. Like Dan says, it is an easier solution just to get a 7.5" cooper setup. Or alloy callipers if you want.

#17 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:45 PM

Some of the people who have fitted the Fiesta setup are finding it to leave something to be desired. I freely admit though that I don't know too much about it and haven't fitted any myself or driven a car fitted with them. It just winds me up that people seem to just assume that a Cooper S setup is going to cost a fortune which it really doesn't and go for the Fiesta route instead. Cooper S calipers are about £100 each new. People seem to think there are loads of extra costs to add but if you already have discs there isn't too much. It just gets to me a bit, it's my own problem and I have to deal with it!!

The other thing is that at least the Cooper S setup has some 'heritage' about it, it does actually belong on a mini!

*he realises what he says is hypocritical*

#18 nikilah

nikilah

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

i have a set of converted metro calipers complete with vented 7.5 inch discs for sale if you are interested. they need a bit of tlc (a couple of bleed nipples have snapped off and need removing/replacing) but the were the shizzle when they were on the car. they are the ones that minivanman was going to buy. £65

#19 Alcow20

Alcow20

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

ok lol went home last night and looked through the mags found alloy calipers are quet expensive so im gonna go down the cooper s roote from mini spares for £305 cant go rong cheers for ur help peeps hopefully ill win the lottory and b able to do it all the proper way lol

#20 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:15 AM

Cool! be sure to get some pics up for us eye candy junkies :ermm:

#21 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

i thought the minishite alloy 4 pots were only like £330...i'd rather have an S setup though after fitting a set of each the S were far better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users