Photo

Hello to you photoshoppers possible tints??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Spannermonkey6464

Spannermonkey6464

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:33 PM

Hi everyone, im interested in tinting my Minis windows but am unsure what they will look like :S ive tried tinting my photo in paint shop pro but looks poop was wondering if anyone in here could?

probable looking for a black tint

#2 Spannermonkey6464

Spannermonkey6464

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

thanks in advance if you can, if you cant not to worry :w00t:

#3 rsroadkilla

rsroadkilla

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Local Club: Japshowcarz

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

all 5 windows or just the rear 3?

#4 rsroadkilla

rsroadkilla

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Local Club: Japshowcarz

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:41 PM

kept it legal as their pretty hot on window tints nowdays!

Posted Image

#5 Spannermonkey6464

Spannermonkey6464

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:38 PM

Thanks RsRoadkilla looks good! im undecided weather to have 3 or 5 or standard! ^_^

#6 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

Are u allowed the back one? I read it somewhere.. because its visible to the driver..

#7 Austin

Austin

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Local Club: Minis 'n' Oatcakes

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:09 AM

You are allowed to tint the rear screen and the rear side windows as much as you want. Up until recently you were allowed a certain tint on the front side windows, as in you could only block out a certain percentage of light. Im pretty sure this has now changed to no tints at all forward of the B pillar.

#8 Spannermonkey6464

Spannermonkey6464

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

found this:

Not sure if it still stands or has been changed but thanks for bringing it to my attention ^_^

Window Tints

As of January 1st 2004, new legislation was brought in that prohibits window tinting.

The Law:

You are not allowed to tint your windscreen or front windows AT ALL. Anything forward of the B pillar (middle of the car) MUST NOT be tinted in anyway. You are however still allowed to perform any level of tinting on your back windows.

If you've tinted you windows before January that does not mean that you are safe, if the police believe that your tint causes reduced visibility they can issue you with an order to have it removed.

Why was this law brought in?

The reason this law was introduced was that there was a serious accident between a motorbike and a heavily modified car with very dark tints. It was believed that the root cause of the accident was that the driver couldn't see well enough through his tinted windows.

#9 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:43 AM

You won't be able to tint the windows heavily because this was not an approved factory option.
We have a 2001 mitsubish galant that has all except front windscreen in heavy black tint, as this was an official ralliart optional extra.
The reason why don't have to worry about the galant is that when you look out from the inside, you can see everything just the same as a car having no tint.

I can see where the law is comming from, the lowerend of the market tints' are just a dark piece of film which is as hard to see inside as it is outside so therefore this would cause an accident. and as mentioned, it was never a Austin, Morris, BL, Rover e.t.c. optional extra, but if you wanted to, you can still have the two rear quater glass' with dark tint.

Edited by DJH MINI MOTORSPORT, 25 March 2007 - 10:44 AM.

#10 mad4mins

mad4mins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Local Club: WAMO!

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:03 PM

they make for interesting reversing at night!! trust me if you have a long drive i wouldnt bother!! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users