No replies to this topic

#1 Woz

Woz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

Let me paint you a picture five years ago I brought a Mini city for £120 or at least what used to be. My dads friends fifteen year old son had had brought it form an old woman who kept it under a large willow tree, t had been there for three years the previously yellow car was now green with moss. The guy I brought it off had stripped it down to the shell sanded, turned it on its roof and seems welded the entire body there was not a patch or bubble of rust to be seen. He then began to restore it after two years little else had been done so he sold it to me and brought a ford Orion which he turned into the ugliest car your ever seen huge wale tail ugly square body kit metallic blue paint job some Celtic style stickers :thumbsup:

I started to restore what was a pretty much ideal project car faultless shell and nothing else. So I painted it midnight blue with some paint we had in the gage left over from a Montero restoration my dad had done to make a quick buck, a car he had brought for £25 I may add. A month later I crashed the mini into my house driving up and down the drive <-- im with stupid ;) , I then painted it again (Douglas red) and after acquiring a mini Mayfair that had been in a serious smash I took my mini and all my spares to my nans for storage it sat there for a year I then moved it to beacon motors and it has been there ever since.

I was originally going to keep the mini 1000 (the car I drive at the moment) and sell the city as a 'rolling shell' but after all the having allot of problems with my 1000 and reading about other people project cars I have decided to finally finish the City although its going to be pretty different form the way it was when it rolled out the factory... Hopefully

Anyway yesterday after a four hour drive Yorkshire and back I am now the proud owner of one a- series 1275 engine with some modifications although the fella I brought it off wasn’t sure about them so until I strip it down and clean the 3 inches of filth off it im not going to know but hes pretty sure its got Cooper S, Stage 3, hi-compression head, Kent 'fast road' cam, MG Metro TURBO Gearbox and Duplex timing chain.
Attached File  New_Engine.jpg   28.02K   8 downloads

I took a look at the body a few weeks ago and its pretty much still rust free just needs a tickle and another re-spray as my handy work is a little shoddy this time I will be getting my dad to spray it as hes much better than I am. This time its going to be orange with a black roof. I need to get my self some arches and some skirts before I do that though

That’s it fro this post I will keep you updated on the work I am doing next time I post I should hopefully have started my Painted my body and sub frame and sorted out my engine Any advice would by warmly received :-

was

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users