#1 mic

mic

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

i never done it before, looks easy enough - even has a guide in this months mini magazine.... anyone around Berkshire want to get together? me and the inexperienced can muddle thru it and the experienced can watch over :P cmon people :!:

mic

#2 OllyD

OllyD

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

Graham and Mark have done an absolutely brilliant video up on the 'tube. Pictures speak 1000 words, and a video speaks 1000's of pictures per minute :P

#3 mk=john

mk=john

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Local Club: Milton Keynes Mini Club, Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

Mic
If I were closer I would do it for you, for the return of my beer tokens!! Heehee.
Pretty straightforward, but most awquard job is removing ball joints.
Just remember when tap the races in place to the hub, used a soft drift (ally, brass) nothing too hard as you will put stress points on the bearing race which drastically shortens its life.

I saw the Youtube video. I would disagree with using a punch to put the outer races in. I used a 1/2" aluminim bar, about 100mm long as the drift. its very soft so you will not put any stress points on the race at all.

Also, they forget to mention the type of grease. Always use LM grease. I use Castrol LM grease which I got from Halfords, as its high temperature and stays thick even when hot. Specifically designed for use to include wheel bearings.
NEVER use CV joint grease!

Edited by mk=john, 10 April 2007 - 06:07 PM.

#4 mic

mic

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

will watch the youtube :P

damnit, shouldve let you do it john whilst i fetched the wheels!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users