#1 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

Sorry, don't know if this is the right section as i couldn't find a general questions section, does anyone know of any bike racks to fit a mini, mines a 1993 mini Rio, not that it makes any difference what it is lol.

Cheers

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Get a towbar and then you can use any bike rack which connects to the towhitch... I have a thurle one which does this...

#3 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

you could get some universal guttermount roof bars ,then get a bike brkt to fit to this
Attached File  p1010016.JPG   69.49K   10 downloads

#4 Special *K*

Special *K*

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:14 PM

I had the same question when I first got my Mini, being a downhill Mt. Biker I needed some way to affix my bike to my car, So I went to Bikemaxx and ordered a THULE rack system, it fits on the rails, kind of like clamps to the rain gutters. I'm sure you could just order straight from the company though. Just search for THULE bicycle racks. The rack works great, and I bought the lock kit that goes with it, so I never had a problem, its fixed to the car real good, and can be taken off in about a minute if need be. I can fit 2 bikes on my car easy, one forward, one back, But it def. cuts down on the speed with all the drag. I'm not sure what kit i bought though...sorry. Hope this helps.

DK

Attached Files

#5 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

i thought about both of those ideas but i really don't like the idea of those on roof racks, and i really don't want to ruin the looks of it with a tow ball.

Edited by insamoufonyx, 16 April 2007 - 05:31 PM.

#6 Mini_Jay

Mini_Jay

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

Nice rack lol ;)

#7 stefaz

stefaz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Local Club: Potts About Minis

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

Special *K* are they extended lft arms for the bars? my bars sit alot closer to the roof. I'm a kayaker and mtber and don't really want to have them so close to my roof. Cheers, Ant

#8 Special *K*

Special *K*

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:35 AM

Special *K* are they extended lft arms for the bars? my bars sit alot closer to the roof. I'm a kayaker and mtber and don't really want to have them so close to my roof. Cheers, Ant

I am not sure if they are extended or not, I honestly dont know what kit i have on the car, I wouldnt want to have the bars any closer to the roof either. I cant imagine a Kyack up top though! haha Have you been to the THULE web page? I would email them and ask what kind of system they have for a mini, or a gutter mounted rack, I cant imagine its anything too special, since everything is slideable and ajustable to length and width. when I bought mine, I had NO idea if a rack even fit on a car so small, so i went to bikemaxx in Mannheim, Germany and one of the employees picked out a system for me, and it worked very well. Hope this helps, due to me being in Iraq and not in germany with my car, I cant actually go look at the rack and tell you what it is...sorry!

*Dusty*

Edited by Special *K*, 18 April 2007 - 02:37 AM.

#9 Sammy D

Sammy D

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

Roof rack is the only way!

Posted Image

#10 jonny f

jonny f

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Local Club: Boxhill Mini Club

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:26 AM

Nice bike does anybody actually no the name of all the stuff you need to fit a bike rack?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users