#61 cooper_mark

cooper_mark

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Local Club: 16vminiclub.com

Posted 09 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

thnx Aaron.....was thinking along these lines with mine but i a little worried that its going to be a little flimsey..i have the steel to make a completey new 1 from scratch...owell i'll see....thnx for that and good luck with your build
here's my build if ur interested....my build

#62 Bad_Dobby

Bad_Dobby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ah that’s you! :-
You already know xevalver then lol... he is exactly where I got all my ideas from. Yours is a great build by the way and I have been following your build for a while. Your build seems to be developing a lot faster than mine :strongsad: .
On your build do you plan on going clubman front or round nose with extra length?
I also plan on putting an extra mount at the back like you, but I am a little worried that it might crack the block where the water pump is.

I am hoping that the pedal box won’t be flimsy when I finished but if it is ill just modify to suit.

Aaron

Edited by Bad_Dobby, 09 December 2008 - 05:50 PM.

#63 cooper_mark

cooper_mark

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

xevalver is where i got most of my insperation from for the frame :strongsad:
i thought that my build was a little slow...i'm trying to keep the round front hopefully with not too much exstention
as for the rear top mount IT IS A MUST there's been few of the early 16vminishop frames with snapped bottom mounts.think bassadicts if i remember also some homebrews like xevalver his also snapped his rear cross bar..thats why i put the fourth mount on.....and rienforced the rear crossbar(just welded some 3mm plates over the joints
if u do the fourth mount try and get it so the mount is on compression if using the landrover mount as this is how these mounts are supposed to be
as for u saying u was a little worried about it cracking the block at the water pump u shouldn't have any problems as this is where the later allspeed frames/16vminishop frames are have a look here
16vminishop XE FRAME

#64 Bad_Dobby

Bad_Dobby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

Thanks mark

Just looked at the pedal box on the website and at £125 I think I will be defo making my pedals work! Also just ordered a brake reservoir from the same person you got yours from.

http://myworld.ebay....motor_sport100/

Aaron.

Edited by Bad_Dobby, 09 December 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#65 cooper_mark

cooper_mark

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

pedal box is abit on the exspensive side...thats why i might make my own and base it on measurements i have from the original mini pedalbox.

#66 Bad_Dobby

Bad_Dobby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

PROJECT ON HOLD!

After a couple of years neglect my mini cooper needs work to pass the MOT. This means that the clubman has to swap garages with my cooper. I have also just bought a house while the house prices are cheap! Will inform and update when I get the clubman back home and have some cash to spend on it.

Regards

Aaron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users