#1 D3nch

D3nch

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Local Club: "The Boys are Back"

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:12 AM

Managed to get hold of some scrap mdf from work the other day, and wanted to make a Rear speaker board, to sit 2 6x9 speakers under the back seat, similar to the one made by custom consoles. Any idea how to fit the thing inplace? I can see one mounting point, (the pole joining the seat to the floor) but i think it wil need more than one!

Cheers Add :-

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 November 2004 - 09:40 AM

What about fixing either side through the bins... or through the seat with a couple of brackets, or alternatively, just a friction fit..

#3 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 10:15 AM

Mine is just fitted with a 'friction fit, just fits in nicely and doesn't move at all.

I bought it off ebay for £10 with no carpet, so all i did was buy some carpet from the market for £5 and done it with that!!

If you wanted to tho, you could fit 1 or 2 screws into the centre bit you were on about.
or make up some little 'L brackets that screw onto the rear bins bins, and that would support the board aswel

Posted Image

Rich

#4 D3nch

D3nch

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Local Club: "The Boys are Back"

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:28 PM

I was thinking along the lines of friction fit too, but wasnt sure how strong it would be, but i suppose if yours fit ok and you havent had anyproblems with them, then mine should be fine! Now all i got to do is get some leopard skin and mount that to the board, lol should go well with the Park Lane interior!! Will post a picture when complete

Cheers Guys

Add :-

#5 tipcat

tipcat

Pancake King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Local Club:

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:39 PM

I cut my speaker board so it fit under the seat lip... then a few cleverly concealed screws through the seat, and it's reluctant to move anywhere! I just had to shave the mdf down a bit to allow for the support bar in the middle of the seat.

#6 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 17 November 2004 - 11:23 AM

when i made one, i put 2 screws thru the upright from the floor to the rear bench.

#7 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

mines in with the friction fit and it hasnt budged at all so i cant see any probs with this. just if ur making it urself cut it too big then shave bits off until it'll just fit

rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users