#1 FARRANTINO

FARRANTINO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Local Club: Bucks Mini Club

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

sorry to bother people again and for not looking in the forum, but my clutch started to slip, 3rd gear foot down loads of revs and no go, i was sittin in traffic with my foot on the clutch pedal.
the clutch has done this before slipped then been ok, could it be the fact were ive had my foot on the clutch then ridin the clutch in traffic

#2 Marky Tizz

Marky Tizz

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

dont ride the clutch!!

#3 FARRANTINO

FARRANTINO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

found that there is oil coming out of the split pin at the base of the housing which indicates oil contamination is it poss to spray clutch cleaner into the two hole in the top of the housing to clean the oil out

#4 minimad998

minimad998

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Local Club: not part of a club

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

found that there is oil coming out of the split pin at the base of the housing which indicates oil contamination is it poss to spray clutch cleaner into the two hole in the top of the housing to clean the oil out

this has happened to me before, it sounds like your crank seal on the clutch side has blown, only way to sort that is to have the whole lot off and put a new one in ;)

#5 FARRANTINO

FARRANTINO

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

how hard is it to do the seal and what do you have to do

#6 karl & his cooper

karl & his cooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Karls Clutch...

Ive been noticing my clutch pedal is VERY stiff when changing 1st to 2nd gear...every other gear seems okay, also after starting when changing inton a gear even if I make sure the clucth is fully in the gears sometimes crunch....Ive checked the fluid and that is fine...!?Help

#7 minimad998

minimad998

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

how hard is it to do the seal and what do you have to do

ok well I don’t now rely how hard it is with the engine in the car because i took mine out but im told you have to undo the engine mounts and jack ou the clutch side of the engine, then basically all you have to do is as follows:-

1. take the housing off 12 bolts i think? (shouldn’t be too bad in there asbestos wise because of the oil but id still where gloves)
2. get the flywheel puller, line it up and then tighten the centre bolt, smack the puller with a hammer and stand clear, the flywheel + clutch should fall off
3. pull the dust cover off the seal, then remove the seal
4. remove the spine from the crank, or if your very careful slide the new seal over it, I don’t recommend this though
5. add the new seal in, if its in the wrong way it will not go all the way in as I found out.
6. and then do the reverse of above, make sure your replace the clutch whilst you are in there, saves you having problems with the old 1

if you want to have a look at some of my engine rebuild it is on the link bellow:-

http://www.theminifo...showtopic=32802

edit* added
forgot to say this is for the verto type engine setup

Edited by minimad998, 13 May 2007 - 10:07 PM.

#8 minimad998

minimad998

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

Karls Clutch...

Ive been noticing my clutch pedal is VERY stiff when changing 1st to 2nd gear...every other gear seems okay, also after starting when changing inton a gear even if I make sure the clucth is fully in the gears sometimes crunch....Ive checked the fluid and that is fine...!?Help

hi karl, im not sure what your problem is but i would start by either checking the clutch arm making sure that it is free moving, as they tend to seize up a bit, and also the clutch adjuster, hope this helps

#9 karl & his cooper

karl & his cooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

Okay thankyou, is that all rather accessible, or does it involve taking the clutch apart?

#10 minimad998

minimad998

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

Okay thankyou, is that all rather accessible, or does it involve taking the clutch apart?

ok here is a picci of the areas that the clutch is on soz for got to say the glywheel goes on then the clutch on the spline and then the pressure plate and hub assembally ive got some pics bellow to help you visulise it

Attached File  clutch.JPG   239.88K   15 downloads

if you need anymore help let me now

edit*

oh and i have labelled a 1 on the area where the clutch comes into contact on the flywheel and pressure plate

Attached Files

Edited by minimad998, 13 May 2007 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users