Mini25racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Local Club: .....

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:28 PM

its only a slight bend not a right angle haha

o right kool not bad still could mess up . ive had 12 vauxhalls 5 of them where 2.0ltrs. i know loads on vauxhalls i live by them. thats my next plan a vauxhall engine in the mini. you people that have done the 2.0ltr engine in the mini fair play.but im gonna farther when my money comes in .. and i got the 6grand for the engine stuff i want..and it will be a front wheel drive engine. over a 2.0ltr with turbo... possiable twin if i can get away with it ... thats my next plan... ive got the drawing ready an the steel. just waiting for the money... hopefully be the daddy.. but then again im doing it for fun...

#17 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

Starting with a C20LET then Mini25Racer? Im presuming your going to be using a clubman front end for the space, as you don't like the bent rad idea?

Bending the rad is hardly going to make much difference when its about 10 degrees top. Just think of your hoses, they bend all over and don't make a noticeable difference.

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Mini25racer, what sort of power you hoping to get out of your mini with twin turbos? Remembering the limit (in terms of usuable power) for a FWD car (based on a modern car, with T/C and big old wheels and tyres) is 225bhp.

#19 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Rob Hall was running 241bhp through the front wheels of his JRE C20XE though the typres were huge and not road legal.

#20 johnbot429

johnbot429

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Local Club: no idea??

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:06 AM

That car is soooooo sexy!! ^_^ thats just to look at! i cant even imagine how much fun it is to drive!!! iv only driven one mini (mine) around the car park and that was funny enough!!
good luck with the build matey, and rememba the fun thing about minis is building them up, as i have found out, they give you a whole new perspective!! life is for having fun and living

#21 Mini25racer

Mini25racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

well im looking in putting the calibra 2.5 turbo engine in.. which i think has standard they kick out about 150bhp i think.. and as for putting a clubman front end nah your ok... ill put the round nose on with stending front end... has for the putting in the turbo box in the mini bulk head ive got some different idea's has i seen on yank car.. the turbo'z popping out the bonnet. me and my grandad have started drawing up what i want.. if its going to go head well i want to make by my dad an grandad and me its goin to work ...

#22 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

The C20XE, a 2litre from the Calibra with the coscast head has 150bhp and thats N/A , there is also a 2 litre C20LET with 204bhp as standard. Both engines have allot of potential. JoeT has recently built a C20XE with the SBD throttle bodies on it and will probably produce over 200bhp.

The 2.5 C25XE as you mention is a naturally aspirated engine with 167bhp, but would be alot more difficult to fit in the mini due to 2 extra cylinders!

The C20NE the 2 litre 8 valve from the Calibra had 115bhp but there wouldn't be much use in suing this as the SE I believe has 130bhp.

Edited by TimS, 17 May 2007 - 03:12 PM.

#23 16vmini

16vmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

The 2.5 C25XE as you mention is a naturally aspirated engine with 167bhp, but would be alot more difficult to fit in the mini due to 2 extra cylinders!

was not as bad as i thought :

Posted Image

www.v6mini.com

Matt

#24 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

^_^

#25 Mini25racer

Mini25racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

well good through tho . well i guess it would be tricky but i was talking to the guy next door that does drag cars an he reckons the engine he has got. or 2.8 super charge he could fit that in my mini no worrys. he also reckons. that if i really wanted a very very fsat mini. is go save up about 6 grand for the engine. which will be a 7ltr. rear wheel drive.. but the only prob he said is. i have got to build a chassy an the front well will have to be open. just with mud guards. an the boot an part of the back seats would have to be a petrol tank.. just to out of town where im from....

the engine specs..

which he has used before..
7.0ltr ford engine
built by a guy in america has about 700bhp but ill have to put more money to that..
i think i aint shore it a v12 ..

and i dont know what the fastes mini is running at

but he did say . alot of time an working out an money .that engine would go in....

Edited by Mini25racer, 18 May 2007 - 01:00 AM.

#26 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:02 AM

You can make anything fit with the time, money and skills.

Matt I forgot about the v6 that you did. didn't you sell it a while back?

#27 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

the bend in the rad is needed to fit sucvh a large rad in there you could get one made to fit but then you would need a smaller rad which wouldnt cool as well as this one and the conversion was done on a tight budget i think he spant under 800quid on getting it from a 1275 to a 2ltr that includes the engine loom ecu shafts subframe ect

this is the reason i dont use this forum very often its always full of bitching anp people that think they know everything!!

there are loads of knowledgable people on here and from what im seeing and hearing on other forums they are all moving away from here

good luck with your project mate and can everyone else try to keep this thread relevant after all its someones build thread not genneral chat!

#28 Mini25racer

Mini25racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

the bend in the rad is needed to fit sucvh a large rad in there you could get one made to fit but then you would need a smaller rad which wouldnt cool as well as this one and the conversion was done on a tight budget i think he spant under 800quid on getting it from a 1275 to a 2ltr that includes the engine loom ecu shafts subframe ect

this is the reason i dont use this forum very often its always full of bitching anp people that think they know everything!!

there are loads of knowledgable people on here and from what im seeing and hearing on other forums they are all moving away from here

good luck with your project mate and can everyone else try to keep this thread relevant after all its someones build thread not genneral chat!

yeah i guess you have point..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users