Matrix

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

I think this picture shows it all the way back
Posted Image
Certainly looks like it is (because now both front and rear screws are covered). Does anyone have a picture of what they should look like?

Edit: I still don't quite know what you mean but appears to only be 4 screws on these - the ones holding it to the seat. Maybe it is tailered. In which case I'll have to sell it all to a mini owner!

Narrr thats no where near back... look at the teeth on the slide mech they should go right to the end dude...some thing is catchin some where ? on that pic you have on the top right on bottom right two brackets that as said bolt to the cross member they need to come off! or have they been welded on ? if so its a bodge dude...lol

Edited by Matrix, 17 May 2007 - 02:55 PM.

#17 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

They don't go all the way back to the end of the teeth. Maybe I should spray with some good ol' WD40 (???) IF they are stuck. You have to pull the handle up a fair bit to get the thing to slide... thinking about it that could be the problem.

#18 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

The catch should be able to get onto the last tooth, if it wasn't meant to, you wouldn't have all those teeth, you really need to find out whats causing it to stop half way.

By seat brackets I mean these:
Posted Image

#19 Matrix

Matrix

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:02 PM

They don't go all the way back to the end of the teeth. Maybe I should spray with some good ol' WD40 (???) IF they are stuck. You have to pull the handle up a fair bit to get the thing to slide... thinking about it that could be the problem.

^_^ could be

#20 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:04 PM

I don't think I'm that stupid though! ^_^ I'll take a look in a bit hopefully, it does seem the obvious thing I'd overlook.

The seat brakets are fine where they are (or seem to be...).

Edited by Kernal H, 17 May 2007 - 03:11 PM.

#21 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Here's some more pictures! This is with it all the way back, I think it's ment to be like this because the other seat is exactly the same. Theres a mental stopper so it won't go back any further (you can hear it).

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

Anyone help.... or are they stranded on the seats forever???

#23 d4v1dtyler

d4v1dtyler

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Local Club: CCMA

Posted 17 May 2007 - 11:04 PM

This might sound a little stupid and maybe im not looking at the picture properly but cant you jus undo the nuts that the red arrow is pointing to?

Attached Files

Edited by d4v1dtyler, 17 May 2007 - 11:09 PM.

#24 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:07 AM

They have to slide further back, if something is stopping them removoe or bend it out of the way as it shouldn't - well not by the design from Cobra that make these things.

You might need two people if the rails haven't been slid back for a long time and are sticking (or move the leaver, check the two locating lugs are clear of the teeth and then tw*t the front of the subframe with a BFH).

I would assume that nut highlighted above is welded in position.

#25 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

i had this problem... fit the seat back in the car, then sit in it, and use the lever and your body weight to move it backwards.

once the seat is out, the sliders are not routed to half a ton of steel so it takes lots more effort to pull the sliders back.

you only need to pop the bolts through the brakets to hold it to the car, then move it backwards, take it back out and the rear fixings should be visible.

#26 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:29 AM

That's along the line of what I was gonna try next. Thanks for all the help I hope it'll work!

#27 Matrix

Matrix

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:53 AM

I'd of got the grinder on it by now..lol there does seen to be some thing stopping it going further back though?
stick at it mate you will get there in the end. Is it really stiff when you slide it? (that sounds a bit rude doesn't it) :ermm: ^_^
Maybe the subframe is a bit twisted? that would be the only other thing I can think of that would cause it not to slide properly :errr:

#28 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:04 AM

Well it is pretty stiff when I move it back and forwards ^_^ it doesn't really move much tho. I think putting it back in the car and using body weight is probably the next thing to do. Sadly it's raining now. Rain and a mini without windows isn't a good combination!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users