3 replies to this topic

#1 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

hi, i like the look of this harness http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=33553 i just wanted to know, where does the rear belt mount to?

#2 insamoufonyx

insamoufonyx

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Local Club: NorthSomersetMiniClub.co.uk

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

it depends, mines mounted right at the back where my rear seats used to be, i mean the back support bit, u can attach them to pretty much anywhere with in reason!

Edited by insamoufonyx, 18 May 2007 - 06:28 PM.

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Not really. The upper strap of a harness needs to be fixed at an angle between horizontal and 45 degress below. It also needs to run dead backward when it is this type. The rear parcel shelf is completely unnacceptable in standard form for fixing a harness or belt, it would need serious re-inforcement (I have seen what happens to a Mini with a belt fixed here during a crash, fortunately for me I didn't see what happened to the driver). The rear seat back is also less then ideal which leaves the only easily useable position as the base of the rear seat, where the existing seat belt points for the rear are. With a 3 point however you would have to fabricate a point between the existing mountings to make the belt run straight back, it shouldn't run off sideways to the existing positions. Either that or fit a roll cage with specific harness mounting points.

#4 Road Runner

Road Runner

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

I posted some photo's in another thread on this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users