31 replies to this topic

#16 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:09 AM

love the car ben....call me a stick in the mud but i would keep it standard as possible, and only mod things that can be un-modded easily....it will be worth more. especially as you have the more desireable mk1 GT. with solid mounted twin bolt sub-frame, remote gear change, rostyles etc etc. these are very cool minis at the moment, i might sound biased, because i have one, but it's true. with regards to cam, i have an sw5 in mine and love it. if you are not sure about keeping the ro-styles, have a look at a pic of a refurbished one. they just look "right" on an early GT and are rare as rocking horse doo dah, where as revolutions are not lol

Attached Files

Edited by clubman katie B.F, 28 May 2007 - 09:48 AM.

#17 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:42 PM

so have you just stripped the paint off the wheels and polished them?

#18 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

p.s. what have u done engine wise?

#19 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

stripped the wheels, then wire brush on a drill, then used a polishing kit from clarke. masked them and painted bits black..originaly they wouldn't have been painted black.
with regards to mods on mine. i have changed from the single line brake lines to split front to rear for safety reasons, i have fitted green stuff brake pads, yoko ar32 tyres. the engine is unfortunately at present an a+ engine from a metro, it's a 1275, with the sw5 cam, and uprated oil pump. have also fitted a vernier duplex timing gear on there, so the cam can be set up accurately. the carb is a hif44, with a two box rc40 exhaust and lcb. the dizzy is an electronic one...so no points!!!! think thats it mate.

#20 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 01:46 PM

what type of performance are you getting, mine 1275gt engine is very similar spec except the cam. iv got the same exhaust and manifold with a 1 3/4 su.

#21 clubman katie B.F

clubman katie B.F

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:07 PM

lol....can't remember...she has been off the road since december 2005......mot tomorrow, so will let you know. she did nottingham to newquay a couple of time, southern mini days..... performance was fine. i have a topic under full mini rebuild so you can see the work i have done

#22 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

does anyone know what colour the block and cylinder head should be painted? its the original engine

#23 NunoGT

NunoGT

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Local Club: SintraMinis

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Hi there.
Great buy you made, congratulations.

Engine block and cylinder head should be dark green.

Cheers,
Nuno

#24 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

i need help choosing my camshaft!!!!!!!! i think iv narrowed it down to the swiftune sw5-07 and i think il go for the kit with the valve springs, camshaft, oil pump and followers. would it be alright to use a kent timing disc to time the cam. iv already got a standard duplex timing chain and gears, will this be sufficien, or will i need vernier? i plan to get rockers at a later date, as they can be fitted with the engine in the car. if there is anything else you think i should do please let me know. cheers, benn.

#25 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

took my block to the shop today for honing and new cam bearings, didnt like leaving it :)

#26 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Aww :) It'll be back happy as larry before you know it :wub:

#27 Anthony

Anthony

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

SW5 all the way Benn! What was the guy thinking with those lights on the bootlid! lol

Looking good man!

#28 Bam

Bam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Put padding on the roll cage, or you could crack your head open in a crash.

#29 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:16 PM

hahah i dont know why people dont like them :P

#30 bennivory

bennivory

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:09 PM

iv got the engine back together and in the car, it started very easily and seems to be running very well, sounds good, good oil pressure and temperature etc. so hopefully it should be on the road within the next few weeks. i also passed my driving test last week so iv got a good incentive to get it finished lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users