#1 Fredy

Fredy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

Gentlemen help please

I have spent two hours here now and still can't find the answer. My toying with Minis is some twenty years old, and I am just rebuilding a little pickup I found. Living in British Columbia info that used to readily available twenty years ago is hard to come by. And my memory isn't what it used to be.

I am looking for offset boring details. I have the Vizard book, and that makes reference to offsetting a smaller block. Do the same specs apply to a 1275? My question really is :

1. how much and which way to offset bore a 1275 block that cam eout of Mtro from what I understand to take the AE20659 73.5mm pistons.
2. Piston to wall clearance for the AE20659 pistons

Can anyone help please?

#2 Road Runner

Road Runner

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

If it's the same as mine then there is a drawing of the offset though it is for 74.7 pistons I would think it would be similar for 73.4 pistons.

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

move cylinder 1/2 centers 10 thou away from the center of the block. Move cylinder centers 3/4 10 though the oposite way from the center of the block. Thereby increasing the cylinder centers between 1/4 and 2/3 by 20 thou. Move all cylinder centers 10 though towards the pushrod side of the engine.

That last bit is usualy ommitted, but it gives a little more metal where the main oil gallery is.

As for piston clearance, either ask your machinist who is machining the bore or email/ phone AE. A standard clearance would most probibly be fine.

#4 Fredy

Fredy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 02:41 PM

move cylinder 1/2 centers 10 thou away from the center of the block. Move cylinder centers 3/4 10 though the oposite way from the center of the block. Thereby increasing the cylinder centers between 1/4 and 2/3 by 20 thou. Move all cylinder centers 10 though towards the pushrod side of the engine.

That last bit is usualy ommitted, but it gives a little more metal where the main oil gallery is.

As for piston clearance, either ask your machinist who is machining the bore or email/ phone AE. A standard clearance would most probibly be fine.

Thanks a lot guys. That will do me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users