#1 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

i have a badge in the bonnet of my 850 near the brake master cylinder stating: GOVERNMENT PROPERTY 262 king street london W6 reselco invalid carriages ltd. dated 1975.

OK lol does anyone have any idea what this is about or any way of finding out? ( mini is blue if this helps ????) lol

cheers!

#2 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

Google isnt your friend on this one :-

Sounds like it was used by a government department for carrying patients around ? Perhap Reselco did some modifications to it.

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:58 PM

Does the car have power steering?

#4 Matt_20

Matt_20

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Local Club: I want to join Kentish soon!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:00 PM

i have a badge in the bonnet of my 850 near the brake master cylinder stating: GOVERNMENT PROPERTY 262 king street london W6 reselco invalid carriages ltd. dated 1975.

OK lol does anyone have any idea what this is about or any way of finding out? ( mini is blue if this helps ????) lol

cheers!

Found reselco's website, they are a company who adapt vehicles for use by people with limited mobility...heres the link

http://www.justmobil...;UserId=RESELCO

#5 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

nope no power steering ( lol i wish it did)

#6 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

cheers!

Found reselco's website, they are a company who adapt vehicles for use by people with limited mobility...heres the link

http://www.justmobil...;UserId=RESELCO

ok all good but it dont seem to be adapted in anyway.

#7 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

Ok, some of these conversions did and I just wondered exactly what it was.

It's a Motability car, converted for easier use by people with limited mobility. There were several different types of conversion including steering wheel controls, bigger seats, power steering etc. The cars remained the property of the NHS or department of health or somebody for people who couldn't afford a converted car of their own (even though they were available at massive government discounts). It is possible that all conversions were removed before the car was sold off.

#8 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

It's a Motability car, converted for easier use by people with limited mobility. There were several different types of conversion including steering wheel controls, bigger seats, power steering etc. The cars remained the property of the NHS or department of health or somebody for people who couldn't afford a converted car of their own (even though they were available at massive government discounts). It is possible that all conversions were removed before the car was sold off.

does it have popemobile roof???? :-

#9 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

does it have popemobile roof???? :-
[/quote]
a what???

#10 Timtom

Timtom

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

haha.. hmm.. any traces of conversion? holes in the carpet where things were bolted?.. holes anywhere? Dash etc..

#11 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

it has only 1 control on the steering wheel but obvoiusly wasnt beacause whoever drove the car had only 1 arm beacause they couldnt change gear lol :-

#12 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

haha.. hmm.. any traces of conversion? holes in the carpet where things were bolted?.. holes anywhere? Dash etc..

does a rust hole in the floor count?

#13 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

it has only 1 control on the steering wheel but obvoiusly wasnt beacause whoever drove the car had only 1 arm beacause they couldnt change gear lol

If you mean 1 stalk switch, all Minis up to 1976 have only 1 stalk switch. When I say wheel mounted controls I mean throttle and brake mounted on the wheel. Unusual for a Motability car to be a manual I think.

#14 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

nope nothing like that. although the car was in a bit of a state when we got it all the interior was out including dash etc everything. but the dash wiring was in a mess sorta like a mixture of 2 of the diagrams in the haynes manual.

#15 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 03:31 PM

just got the old camera out:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users