#1 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi,
Just found most of the manifold/carb parts to back on to my mini... trouble is I haven't a clue what kind of nuts and washers are needed to get it all back on! Can anyone give me some pictures of this all linked up or the individual parts I should look for. Theres a whole Mini full of little bits, and I don't know what most of them are! Thanks for any help ;D

#2 Jimmyarm

Jimmyarm

Entrepreneur of Adult Material

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts
  • Local Club: TMf

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

its a set of studs for the manifold(s) to the head, about 1"1/2 long with nuts and washers to match.

There should be studs/nuts for the carb to manifold as well, but I have seen bolts instead

#3 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

All the studs are there I think. I just can't seem to find the right nuts and washers for them. I'll keep looking for something that might work lol!

#4 Edmonds87

Edmonds87

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: Southern Mini Owners Club

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:27 AM

Ensure you use the correct thick flat washers before the nuts on the four inner studs. These ensure the pressure applied by tightening the nuts is applied evenly to both the inlet and exhaust manifold flanges. The two outer suds usually have 2 plain flat washers as the thick type do not fit!

The thick washers look like this you should have 4 of them:

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=36229

As for the nuts as long as it fits the thread should be fine however i prefer using the longer brass variety. Makes fitting/removing a lot easier!

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=32664

Hope this helps

Chris

#5 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

Cheers! That's helped alot, I think there's some of the washers in my box of carb bits and I might order some of the nuts! Thanks :shifty:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users