#1 minidub

minidub

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Local Club: south devon mini club , tmf

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

hi when i was driving home the other night from a mini meet when i got home i noticed my oil light stayed on,
i didn't think are more of it because my other mini does the same thing it stays on for while somtimes
the flickers off. the thing is that it is a 1995 spi auto it will start but it wont move when u put it in drive or reverse.
it sounds like big end bearingshave gone to me which has caused the loss of oil pressure becuase it making a real bad knocking soundcould it be the oil pump ? any help or info would be great :P
also if iwas to convert it to manual what would i need? ive already got a a 1275 carb engine and i can get a injection flywheel is there any thing else i need. would the injection system work ok with the 1275 carb engine i know u need a fuel pump blanking plate aswell. and for the mot would i need a cat becuase the engine is older it's out of a metro
any ideas ?

lewis

#2 minidub

minidub

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Local Club: south devon mini club , tmf

Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:45 PM

bump :P

#3 minimanclive

minimanclive

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

The oil light comes on because you've got seriously low oil pressue. The Mini auto has a really beefy oil pump as the engine oil runs the autobox. If you lose oil pressue you'll lose the drive as well. When was the oil level last checked?

To convert a manual carb engine to SPI you'll need the SPI flywheel and housing for the reluctor ring on the flywheel and the sensor in the housing. You'll need the SPI distributor as well as the ECU handles the ignition advance.

If you can prove the age of the engine (V5 from the Metro maybe) then you wouldn't need the cat for the MOT.

#4 chriszxr750

chriszxr750

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

if i remember righlty one of the mini mags covered the conversion from spi to carb. not sure what issue it was, but i'm sure it can't be that hard to find.

chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users