#16 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 01 August 2007 - 11:55 PM

Or just ring Somerford because they stock genuine O/E MG Rover boxed indicator flasher units.

#17 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

I already replaced the hazard flasher unit last time (3 weeks ago) just in case that was putting the fault on. :lol:

Well I fitted my brand new indicators yesterday, I greased all the metal on each unit up, especially around the screws (after cleaning them and the holes in the body with white spirit that is) and I even bought some brand new clips so the screws have got an excellent collection to the body. There wasn't anywhere to connect the Black earth wire coming from the loom on the new units I got, so I just bared that back, greased it and wrapped it around a spare hole in each unit tightly & greased it. It only acts as a double earth anyway so I could've just left it out but I thought it would be best to double earth it seeing as though that's where it got corroded before and the wiring was already there.

Replaced the flasher with a standard minispares one I had in the shed and bobs your uncle they work great now :lol: and all the lights on the front of the car looks amazingly new after this and the new halogen headlamps I fitted a couple of weeks back :dontgetit:

Thanks for all your help I hope not to post on this subject again, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users