1 reply to this topic

#1 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

Has anyone seen these things do a hilclimb how do they go up against Caterhams, Westfeilds and similar bike engined rivals?

I can imagine on the track they are brutal and easy to use but uphill through dangerous bends tends to be a different story when controlling a beast if anyone has tackled a fast hillclimb?

#2 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 10:38 PM

we have one monte carlo being hill climbed up loton in their series the drivers in his first ever season of racing and hillclimbing but is doing well and having loads of fun
im regularily racing against 250/280 bhp vauxhall engined caterhams/westfields and beating them now around various tracks in our race series
they all struggle with our cars off the line(see croft race video in race reports section on the z cars forum for a standing start) and we can take 4 car lengths from them off every corner especially hairpins and tighter bends,the caterhams are better on very high speed long bends due to longer wheelbase but i would put our cars against anything on twisty bits they are very good at putting the power down and on a hillclimb this makes for better times
they will hit 64 feet in less than two seconds every time if you are into hillclimbing you will know what that means and my race car with std hyabusa fitted hits 100 mph in 9 seconds dead
it could be down geared a bit for the hills to assist the accelaration some more just depends which hills you are on and how fast you will get up to
if you want to come for a demo i can show you the cars performance first hand
chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users