7 replies to this topic

#1 mattretch9888

mattretch9888

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:54 AM

hi can anyone help me, i am after help with knowing how much it will cost me to get my car resprayed with the little bits of surface rust removed. it will be staying the same colour, but could just do with a tart up. anyone got any ideas? and know of anywhere good in the cambs/norfolk area? cheers for all help given :shifty:

#2 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

so you're after rust removal with a blowover spray job.

Depends what needs doing mate.. what areas need work, got any pics?

#3 mattretch9888

mattretch9888

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

no good pics. just little bits of suface rust round lights and slight bit on the a panels, nothin really but would like it pukka.lol

#4 burnleyadam

burnleyadam

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: N.A

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:11 PM

I'm bumping this thread because it's something like what I'm looking for guidance with.

I have a bit of bubbling on my passenger side door, a little rust around one of the rear windows and quite a bit of rust under my boot in the groove behind the bumper.

Anyone know how much it would cost me to have these attended to at a bodyshop?

I know it's down to where you go, but just wondered what anyone else has payed if they have had similar jobs done.

Cheers.

Adam.

#5 mike49

mike49

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

what often looks like ''surface'' rust could end up being alot worse than what you first think.. if youre brave enough, then start chipping/sanding away at the rust spots until you get to good metal to see how big the problem is, because of corse, holes will mean welding which means more expensive! For a whole respray and bodywork, then at cheapest you'd be looking at £1,000 upwards from most places! *do it yourself :)*

#6 frankiebateman

frankiebateman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,288 posts
  • Local Club: NWMC

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

Take a look on This site if you have a look at the first topic, its a topic on how to eliminate rust theres a few things on there lost of how to do things :) hope this helps ;D

Edited by frankiebateman, 02 January 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#7 wwinstanley

wwinstanley

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Local Club: not yet

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:09 AM

my mini was just surface rust until i started sorting it out, check out my project thread to see how bad it really is!

#8 Birdie!

Birdie!

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

well i payed 400 for my compleat respray did the strip down and filler myself and thats all i payed. fined a co and ask if you strip it how much would you save. was worth it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users