#16 The Green Mini

The Green Mini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 01 February 2010 - 02:44 AM

I remember seeing a web site or perhaps a mag , the guy had bolted the V8 on to a mini gearbox en slung the lot under a round nose mini, the mods he did looked simple, an adaptor plate was made to mate the V8 to the mini box, i think he was using a low compression 3.5 V8 still good for 160 hp ish a good 3.9 is just under 200 hp.

the V8 engine its self is tiny (the bare blok can be carried under one arm!)a bult up compleat blok can be lifted by two strong lads its the bits that get bolted on that make the V8 look huge, ditching the waterpump and massive krank pully saves a lot of space a remote oil filter wil save some length coustom built exhuast hedders wil save space and weight, 3.9 efi system with a modded set of trumpets an low plenium chamber wil save hight. then opt for a jap altanater, later 3.9 starter electric waterpump.

I think the MG B GTV8 had a lowerd intake manifold to clear the bonnet but i could be wrong about that one, I still bet it will fit if you have the time and skill to do the mods.

good luck

Edited by The Green Mini, 01 February 2010 - 02:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users