3 replies to this topic

#1 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Ok now i feel really stupid, iv got a clubby front end, with grill fitted, but i cant understand how to fit the headlights, could someone tell me how they are fitted?

I brought the front end 2nd hand and the headlight holes had two plastic plates in them, so im guessing it was off a rally mini of some kind.

#2 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

Is this a compostie front or steel? if it's GRP and the headlamp holes are blank,... you need to cut them. likewise... if they've been blanked off,... you need to cut them open, then the headlamps sink into the front to sit behind the grill.

Take the grill off,.... Slide headlamp bowls into the headlamp holes. wire up. done.

The retaining chrome ring that pushes on after the headlamp is fitted to the bowl (the type on round nose minis.) is not used on the clubman,...

Edited by Retro_10s, 18 August 2007 - 09:39 PM.

#3 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

hhh dam, its a used composite front. Thats how i thought the fitted, but i took the grill off and that part of fiberglass had been cut off :D looks loke im going to be doing a bit of fabricating then lol

#4 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

be careful where you cut.... the bowls are a VERY tight fit in the composite fronts i've experienced ( I ended cutting a bowl up to smithereens just to get it close to fitting nicely.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users