25 replies to this topic

#16 HILTY

HILTY

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

Looked a great race. Track looked a bit up and down though. Made me feel dizzy just watching, not suprised you felt a bit dodgey Chris !!

Hilty

#17 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:31 PM

A GREAT DAYS RACING HAD BY ALL,IT WAS NICE TO MEET SOME OF YOU GUYS FROM THE FORUM, IT JUST SHOWS THAT YOU CAN RACE A STD CAR AND BE COMPETETIVE, ONE MORE LAP AND CHRIS WAS SURELY BEATEN.(JUST NEED TO GET OFF THE LINE BETTER?) SO COME ON BOYS STOP POLISHING AND GET RACING.
ROB MINI 47

#18 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

sorry i wasnt on top form on sunday it was nice to see everybody but for those of you that were not there i had a dose of carbon monoxide fumes plus tyre smoke getting into the cabin in practice which really made me feel pretty awful most of the day the lads worked on the car to get it better for the race and i managed the first few laps ok till i started feeling sick again
i think some of its to do with the cadwell track being so up and down as well its like a roller coaster and does things to your stomach its a pretty horrible feeling trying not to fill the cab with sick when you are strapped in at 120 mph and it came on bloody quickly one second i was ok the next bang it hit me
rob had a storming race and i reckon he would have passed me in another lap so well done mate
the cars were both weighed at the end and if you add my weight to the car its 670 kilos and robs was slightly heavier car wise but he weighs less and combined weight was 670 kilos
i also spoke at length with the comittee members from the race series and they were very keen to support the z cars race series with our own rules and car specs this all bodes well for next year and we are getting strong interest from some of my old grass tracking mates with another car sold this week
even after feeling under the weather i still enjoyed the race the opening laps were frantic on both starts and well worth the trip
i would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend and hope to see you all at oulton park for the final two rounds on saturday 29th september
(its the daughters wedding the day before so i could be a little tired by the time i get there had to get a special pass out to attend but i cant miss the last two rounds)
chris

#19 oli79

oli79

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

had an awesome day yesterday, worth the 2.5 hour journey. I agree with you DHR1 everyone was busy i didnt wana get in the way and upset the focus! Had a good look around 2, i think a track day there would be a bit of fun!

Chris, hope you recovered after the race? Tyre smoke cant be healthy!

Again a great day out. The race between the caterham( could be wrong) and rx7 was awesome well worth watching. I recon the next round will be interesting if the 2 zcars are matched! Im going 2 be the just 2 find out.

Nice to meet you Oli definatly have the cars at a meet soon (if i pull my finger out and get it done)!

Anyone going to the next round?

Hi dean, was nice to meet you too, thanks for being so patient when i was bending your ear about minis!, i recognised you earlier when u walked past but wasnt quite sure, glad it was you or someone might have thought i was a mentalist!

Was a great day out and nice to meet everyone, all sorts of good racing to watch all day and the main event was fantastic really enjoyed it.

#20 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

That video is brilliant. What a start! Cadwell park is a great track on a bike but looks even better in a car.

#21 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:06 PM

Chris, if you gave lunch a miss your car could have been 10Kgs lighter and you might not have felt so sick!!

Sorry, only joking, good to see these regular reports and look forward to seeing the next race.

#22 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

A GREAT DAYS RACING HAD BY ALL,IT WAS NICE TO MEET SOME OF YOU GUYS FROM THE FORUM, IT JUST SHOWS THAT YOU CAN RACE A STD CAR AND BE COMPETETIVE, ONE MORE LAP AND CHRIS WAS SURELY BEATEN.(JUST NEED TO GET OFF THE LINE BETTER?) SO COME ON BOYS STOP POLISHING AND GET RACING.
ROB MINI 47

I can't polish mine as its not even built yet but rest assured i will race the series next year!

#23 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

its a good job i had not eaten at all that morning as i would have filled the car
i woke up on monday morning and could taste petrol in my mouth still bloody awful stuff fumes i can tell you
ive a demon plan to stop it happening though
on the yellow monte the turbo was so hot we fitted a small fan to the front of the bulkhead and this blows air directly onto the housing
its been really effective at cooling the turbo AND lowering the in car temperature it also seems to stop fumes entering the cabin
by next race i will fit a similar device to the racer
i might go faster if im not a sweaty wreck behind the wheel
i must say i take my hat off to F1 drivers who do it for an hour and a half at twice the speed without even sweating
chris

#24 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

i must say i take my hat off to F1 drivers who do it for an hour and a half at twice the speed without even sweating
chris

Its actually quite phenomenal what those guys go through each race. Did anyone see the feature by Martin Brundle last race on the physical extremities involved driving an F1 car for just a few laps let alone a full GP! i knew it was tough but that really made me wonder how they do it at all lol! imagine putting up with 4.5g cornering :wacko:

yea right and some of them jump out and it looks like they haven't done anything at all...

#25 DHR1

DHR1

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

sorry i wasnt on top form on sunday it was nice to see everybody but for those of you that were not there i had a dose of carbon monoxide fumes plus tyre smoke getting into the cabin in practice which really made me feel pretty awful most of the day the lads worked on the car to get it better for the race and i managed the first few laps ok till i started feeling sick again
i think some of its to do with the cadwell track being so up and down as well its like a roller coaster and does things to your stomach its a pretty horrible feeling trying not to fill the cab with sick when you are strapped in at 120 mph and it came on bloody quickly one second i was ok the next bang it hit me
rob had a storming race and i reckon he would have passed me in another lap so well done mate
the cars were both weighed at the end and if you add my weight to the car its 670 kilos and robs was slightly heavier car wise but he weighs less and combined weight was 670 kilos
i also spoke at length with the comittee members from the race series and they were very keen to support the z cars race series with our own rules and car specs this all bodes well for next year and we are getting strong interest from some of my old grass tracking mates with another car sold this week
even after feeling under the weather i still enjoyed the race the opening laps were frantic on both starts and well worth the trip
i would like to say a big thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend and hope to see you all at oulton park for the final two rounds on saturday 29th september
(its the daughters wedding the day before so i could be a little tired by the time i get there had to get a special pass out to attend but i cant miss the last two rounds)
chris

Hi Chris,
I tried to PM you but your inbox is full !
I think I'll have to do a Tuesday for my visit over to you guys. The good lady wife gets Tuesdays off and I think she wants to see where all the money is going to go ! How would you be fixed for us to come over in early October ?
As far as the race series is concerned do you have any ideas how it will be structured ? Will there be different classes, i.e. different engine specs, standard, restricted mods and no restrictions ?
Thanks, Darren.

Just in case you can't remember me I used to email you while I was working for Kingston Communications asking about the kit etc.

#26 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

DID ANY ONE MANAGE TO GET ANY PHOTOS FROM CADWELL PARK,IF SO IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THEM ON HERE.
CHEERS ROB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users