2 replies to this topic

#1 Danny341

Danny341

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

Well, bought some little alloys for our mini, Come to put them on, Nuts never seemed to go tight...

Then i noticed that they were not as big as the hole in the wheel! :withstupid:

Here is the nuts we have

Posted Image

Here is the nut on a steel

Posted Image

Here are poor pics of the nut inside the alloy, One with plastic circle clip, the other without...

Posted Image
Posted Image

So now, i presume steel wheel nuts arnt gonna cut it, so i need alloy nuts?

What i want to know, is what kind i need, i tried a metro alloy nut on, and the thread was way too big.

I was looking at Minispares, Ive found 2 different kinds, just wondering what i need

WHEEL NUT NO5 (TAPERED SEAT) 1984 on

or

WHEEL NUT NO5 LARGE SEAT CHROME 60 DEGREE ANGLE 1984 on

The car is a 86 picadilly, And the wheels are 12" minilite reps i think!

Hope you can help me get my mini running safely again >_<

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

You're old wheel nuts with the seal thingy are for steel wheels that have plastic wheel trims.

From the photo's it looks like you have Rover Minilite style alloy wheels (4.5's)?

If so then they require either these original wheel nuts with the stainless covers (covers aren't removable and if they do fall off then the nut is scrap. So you have to be careful and only use a wheel brace to remove and refit them and never a standard socket or tyre fitters power tool): -

Rover Minilite Style Alloy Wheelnuts link

Or there's these slightly cheaper alternatives that don't have the pesky stainless steel covers: -

Less S/Steel Covers link

To be honest it would be worth looking for these wheel nuts at the Mini shows, because MWS Wheels and Huddersfield Mini Spares etc, sell them in bulk at a far cheaper price. Or you can buy them for a pound each.

Edited by taffy1967, 22 August 2007 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Danny341

Danny341

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for that reply dude, The bottom ones look easier, And sound like less hassle! And im a cheap get too, i dont want anything thats gonna look fancy, i just want something that is gonna hold the wheels on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users