#106 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:28 PM

How much for those wheels Jammy? Also, unless I've missed it, where's the MOT?

#107 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

Haven't got the MOT yet. I'm tempted to work on it tomorrow morning, and try and MOT it for Castle Combe, but to be honest, I'd rather not drive it all that way the day after 'finishing' it. And I'm also not too happy still about the way the seats and harness are mounted through the FG, would much rather have them bolted to a roll cage...

Wellers now £50, can bring to Combe

#108 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Fair point, although I was looking forward to seeing it at Combe! In fact, I demand you get it ready!

Those wheels would look really nice sprayed black, with some A032R's on as my trackday wheels......

Argh!! I really want them but I really don't think I can afford £50 at the minute and Jenny would actually kill me.

But then its quite convenient that you could bring them to Combe....I'll get back to you!!

#109 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:48 PM

Tom, you and jammy could run off for a "session" at coombe, and when you get to the car say "ooh jammy said i could have them for a fiver each" :thumbsup:

I think they would look nice on yours in white with the original blue and red stripes round the edge tom.

#110 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hmmm, not a bad idea :thumbsup: But we are trying to save for a house and in Jenny's eye's 50 quid for a set of wheels that I don't actually need is an excessive waste of money. And I can kinda see why she would think that! But at the same time they would look nice....

Lol I don't know!

#111 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

Jammy could always "donate" them as an early wedding present lol

#112 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

I could 'lend' them to you, and you could 'lend' me £50... :thumbsup:

#113 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Maybe you could do some sort of buy now pay later interest free agreement..... :thumbsup:

#114 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

lol OR you could pay £50 towards jammys bh2n2008 ticket, and jammy could give you some wellers he doesnt want anymore and plans on chucking out :thumbsup:

#115 gadgets23

gadgets23

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

hello peeps :) .

any updates jammy ??

im about to start a new thread, (dont want to hijack this one) just trying to decide which 'section' to put it in !?
but been talking to the owners of the original Minus moulds...
and he says that NEW minus shells are being built !!!
soo keep a look out for said thread, or just check out the miniminus.co.uk site (recently updated)

Mick ....

edit, made a thread over here http://www.theminifo...showtopic=59959

Edited by gadgets23, 02 October 2007 - 08:43 PM.

#116 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

One step ahead of me there Gadgets! :)

Just a small update, albeit a bit of a boring one!

Hadn't had time to work on this since last Wednesday due to various things, so still had to bolt the clutch cover back on properly, fit the new battery into the box and fit the grille. So have done all that this evening. Fired it up just to make sure it was all still working properly which it is!

Also found out that my drivers door situation is a bit worse than I'd first thought, after leaving it under cover for a week. Opened the door to find quite a puddle on the drivers side floor, on both sides of the crossmember. Got a feeling its coming in at the top of the door, going to fit a channel flexible seam I got at SMD and hope that helps.

Also, my one purchase at Castle Combe Action Day....

Posted Image~~~Posted Image~~~Posted Image

Bill Richards rally spec head, suitable for fast road, but potential for more.m Bronze valve guides, steel caps, race valves, race double springs, fully ported, 29/36 valve sizes. Need to find out the chamber size though...

#117 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:55 PM

Another bit of a boring update. After getting up super early and watching Hamilton crash out of the Chinese grand prix I thought I'd take the opportunity to get an early start on Rusty.

Late last night I had spend a couple of hours modifying the ulitmate engine steady to get it to fit better. I had to grind a fair amount of the side that bolts to the exhaust manifold, and then spacer up the bulkhead bracket and redrill the holes for the bracket on the crossmember. Today was a bit more modifying and tightening all the bolts up.

I still didn't think the engine was held in tight enough, so I decided to mod the gearbox steady too! The bolt from the steady wouldn't quite line up with the hole in the bracket, so I enlarged the bracket hole slightly. Got that bolted up nice. The engine does feel like its held in tighter, but I'm still getting a fair amount of juddering at the bite point! :D

Then spent the afternoon trying to get the suspension angles somewhere near drivable. Using the Minispares tracking guage is ok, I think I've got the wheels pointing in vaguely the right directions, at least they won't tear themselves apart!

The camber is a piece of badger to setup. Sorted that, 1.5* -ve! Setting up the castor was more interesting. Firstly I had to free up the rose joint on the end of the tie-bar. Then I kept having to undo slightly the rose joint bracket which allowed me to screw in or out the r/joint. On top of that I had to sand away quite a few millimetres of arch at the front where my spacered wide wheels kept catching - in fact I've twice got the tyre caught under the arch reversing off the drive, resulting me in ditching it in the middle of the road to get my jack...

Anyway, finally got a few drives of it today. The brakes definitely need bedding in more. The seat needs to be in a better position, I'm just a touch too far away from the pedals. Everything squeeks and rattles. The suspension definitely isn't setup right yet, the wheels were wondering all over every bump. Definitely need to wire up the dash, it seemed to be getting through the revs really quickly and I ran out of petrol! :kiss:

Anyway, the next purchase will shape how I take this project over the next month or so...

#118 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:01 PM

'Its' on its way.... :) :dontgetit:

#119 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members