#1 il-barba

il-barba

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: malta mini

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

i have a very small vacuum in the top cover. what would that be? by small i mean that i could feel it when i put my hand on it almost closing it off completely. it doesnt affect engine performance when i block it.

also the engine smokes a lot of white (not coolant) but it hasnt been started for a long time and i gave it used oil for now (not used a lot still a little brownish)

#2 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

Thats the crank breather. Engine should dip a bit when you block that hole. It's suppose to do that.

As for white smoke it's either condensation or running really rich.

Edit

If an engines been sitting they do smoke a bit. How long have you left it? If it was a bloody long time then you want to put in fresh oil and petrol.

Edited by Big_Adam, 29 August 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#3 il-barba

il-barba

One Carb Or Two?

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: malta mini

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

oh yes it is rich, and been not starting for about 4 months. new petrol soon in and i will flush the engine oil and then new filter and oil. hopefully it wont smoke a lot then.

think its problem sorted then i think.

#4 Big_Adam

Big_Adam

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

My brother old crappy saxo engine smoke after being started after a 6 month holiday.

Unless it's a constant smoke then I'd be worried. Don't rag the engine too much yet. Also check the crank breather pipe, clean that out might help a little (sort the mix a wee bit). It's the rubber pipe from the carb to the back of the block/a big black can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users