9 replies to this topic

#1 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

now then heres the thing..... got myself this tasty lil exhaust, full custom stainless, second hand. Guy says, fits classic mini. When we pick it up he says that it fits classic lcb manifold.

I have no idea what the hell difference there is, mines a 1989 998 auto mayfair engine, what in gods name manifold is on there???

More importantly, will the tasty lil exhaust, full custom stainless, second hand.... fit on my manifold.

All comments appreciated, (nothing saucy until after 2pm) cheers KC

#2 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

I doubt it'll fit unless your engine has been fitted with an LCB manifod already,...

Or you need a 'magic pipe' that converts the tiny little manifold exit into something that can take the larger one on.

#3 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:41 AM

I doubt it'll fit unless your engine has been fitted with an LCB manifod already,...

Or you need a 'magic pipe' that converts the tiny little manifold exit into something that can take the larger one on.

ok, so can i fit an lcb manifold, whats intailed and what about any other bits ie; carb etc etc

cheers kerry

#4 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:13 AM

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

if you notice, there aren't many users online right now so maybe be a little more patient for replies :D

To fit an LCB, take off the old manifold (also take off the carb and inlet manifold,.. you might need to swap this for an alloy inlet,.. i'm unsure of the clearence issues using the standard one)

Replace the manifold gasket making sure all the traces of the old one are gone. Then it's a case of fitting your new LCB, bolting the carb back on etc, and off you go!..

you might find you need the fuelling corrected too....

#6 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

if you notice, there aren't many users online right now so maybe be a little more patient for replies :D

To fit an LCB, take off the old manifold (also take off the carb and inlet manifold,.. you might need to swap this for an alloy inlet,.. i'm unsure of the clearence issues using the standard one)

Replace the manifold gasket making sure all the traces of the old one are gone. Then it's a case of fitting your new LCB, bolting the carb back on etc, and off you go!..

you might find you need the fuelling corrected too....

wasnt being impatient just looking through loads of posts, got a bit frustrated thats all, you know how women are when they buy new things that dont fit.....

anyway your reply is very helpful,i think youve covered all i wanted to know, if all i need is a new manifold/inlet then thats no big deal i will place a post on here later when its busier and hopefully 'sorted'. as for the fuelling, would you suggest tuning for this?? believe me i am a complete novice, learning as i go.
what about a bigger needle? someone mentioned that on a post.

cheers for now, ill try not to be impatient waiting for an answer, kery

#7 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

:D i wasn't having a go i promise kery. :thumbsup:

The thing is,.. once you've fitted an LCB and a stainless system, you will need a new needle,.. but once this is fitted,.. you're essentially only an airfilter away from a full stage 1 kit!... at which point a rolling road tune up is definatley on the cards!

I'm trying to remember if the orignal cast type inlet will allow and lcb to fit... i can't see any problems as if anything it's less bulky..... so an alloy inlet wouldn't be totally necessary, but it's a much nicer item to have regardless :)

#8 imabitnaughtyxx

imabitnaughtyxx

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

:D i wasn't having a go i promise kery. :thumbsup:

The thing is,.. once you've fitted an LCB and a stainless system, you will need a new needle,.. but once this is fitted,.. you're essentially only an airfilter away from a full stage 1 kit!... at which point a rolling road tune up is definatley on the cards!

I'm trying to remember if the orignal cast type inlet will allow and lcb to fit... i can't see any problems as if anything it's less bulky..... so an alloy inlet wouldn't be totally necessary, but it's a much nicer item to have regardless :)

I have installed one of those k&n filter types anyway the one that replaces the airbox, is this ok??obviously the car is not on the road right now so its a case of sourcing and fitting whats needed, then getting a tune up, though where the nearest rolling road is to me i have no idea.
what needle is needed, more to the point, where can i get one??

im going to post for an lcb and alloy inlet as you say they are nicer too, wish me luck, i hope i can keep calling on your expert advice

cheerio for now

kerry

#9 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

original cast iron inlet manifold wontr let you fit an LCB as the exhaust manifold and the inlet manifold are joined. either get a magic pipe or go the whole hog and fit a stage one like retro says

#10 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

The needle on there will still work and be good enough to drive to the rolling road..., when you get to a rolling road,... they'll change it for you :wub:

Good choice on the LCB and Alloy inlet. you wont regret it :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users