tomdale86

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local Club: k

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

Hi all,

recently bought a pair of wipac spots (driving lamps, i think) for my 1990 mayfair. I'm having real trouble working out how to fit them (including the wiring for a button in the dash) and that silly little diagram that comes with them really isn't helping!!

can anyone give me help with this, i'm a bit new with the old electrics so detailed help would be much appreciated!!!!

many thanks, see you all on the 9th!

Tom

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

spot lights need to be wired into the main beam circuit and not a button on the dash

#3 tomdale86

tomdale86

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

spot lights need to be wired into the main beam circuit and not a button on the dash

thats how i thought they would connect, but currently the pins are occupied by each headlight, battery and earthing wires. do the original healdights have to be spliced together to free up a pin?

i'd like to include a swith in the dash for them so that they're not on all the time, how is this done?

#4 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

yes splice a new wire from the main beam circuit to your relay and yes you can switch this wire to isolate the spot lights

#5 tomdale86

tomdale86

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

yes splice a new wire from the main beam circuit to your relay and yes you can switch this wire to isolate the spot lights

any body give me any further guidance on how this is done!?

#6 busa1999

busa1999

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:17 PM

if you have a 4 pin relay pin 85 is earth, pin 87 will go to your spots, pin 30 to a live via a fuse you could connect to battery lead where it joins to starter motor, pin 86 switched live ie the wire that becomes live when you swich lights on,

if you want to switch seperate you can run the earth via a switch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users