2 replies to this topic

#1 jamieoliver

jamieoliver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

Basically I've got my MOT on Friday, and I thought everything was going to be fine. All I needed was to attach the wiper blades and sort out the rear fog lamp, simple enough. Well basically my wipers, wipe the wrong way. So if you put them on in the conventional start place they try to wipe your bonnet. At beginning of the summer I took car to a garage (same one Im having the MOT with) to get a whole load of jobs done. I told them about this and they flipped over something inside the mechanism to sort it. When fitting them now I have seen that nothing has changed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? Because I dont know what will happen come Friday, as it will fail but it will be their fault.

#2 Mephiston

Mephiston

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Local Club: London and Surrey

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

try removing the blades and wipers, then remove the mechanism from the scuttle, turn it 180 degrees and put it back on - that should work - check haynes on how to disasemble them properly

#3 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,435 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:12 AM

I can only think the wheel boxes are upside down. They're the bits the wiper arms are attached to they're held onto the the wiper rack by a clamp plate and 2 screws and will fit either above or below.

It's quite possible a wiper motor will run with reverse polarity but the drive gear wouldn't like it, there's a ramp for the park switch.

Your quickest fix could be just to reposition the wiper arms - they'd park straight up the screen but I don't think that equals a fail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users