1881 replies to this topic

#1801 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:21 PM

thanks, not wide enough. looking for about 7 to 8 inch. or ill have to shorten axles. RichMk1

Not wishing to sound funny but isn't a mini with 7-8inch arches gonna look a bit daft? I mean mine is v wide...... i like to think it just about gets away with it but double the width of those......... :D

#1802 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hi ade, yer rite, just measured, need sone thing like 5-6 inch to cover wheel/tire. 8 would look too wide,I agree. esp. how low car will sit. also Im measuring 6" down from window edge not down where most do..car will sit aprox.6+" lower than most mini's..Thanks again RichMk1

#1803 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

Ade's minus meets it new brother :D
Posted Image

Got Ade's for a couple of weeks to sort a couple of niggles he has. Also got to lower it as the people who set up the suspension seem to have raised it by about an inch causing n/s outer cv joint to start knocking :'( due to the angle it's at.

#1804 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:18 PM

Ade/Pete

What clearance are you running under it's lowest point which should be the floorpan on mine it is anyway, it already looks low your car in the picture and you need to lower it another 1 inch?

I'm assuming you generally have no problems running it that low on the street, avoiding the obvious speed bumps and the like, I have 4" at the moment and it looks mighty low

Everything set where it is now I end up with a driveshaft droop of about an inch and a half which I'm sure is okay, but if I need to go up on the suspension then it starts increasing to 2.5 maybe 3 which is a bit much. I can't go any lower because of the exhaust, so at the moment I'm pondering again.....

Thanks

David

Attached Files

#1805 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:53 PM

Ade's has currently got 5.5 inches under it and now that I have lowered Andy's to somewhere close to where it should be it has 4 inches. Been looking at Ade's today and to get his low enough I might have to remove the arches to cut some more of the arch out and then refit them higher. Will post pics of both cars driveshaft's later to show the difference.
Meanwhile spent the last 2 days rewireing it due to an intermittent problem. Decided to scrap the old wireing and start again :'( .

Posted Image

#1806 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

hi ade ,its ady,
just a quick question, which switch do you use to turn the rad fan on and off? is it the yamaha sensor (controlled by ecu) or the switch supplied by z cars (mounted on the rad)?

#1807 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

hi ade ,its ady,
just a quick question, which switch do you use to turn the rad fan on and off? is it the yamaha sensor (controlled by ecu) or the switch supplied by z cars (mounted on the rad)?

You think Ade would know the answer :proud:

We used the one in the rad from z-cars. We only use the bike's ecu to control spark and injectors.

#1808 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:45 PM

hi ade ,its ady,

You could always use an in-hose adjustable one. I've mounted a temperature sender (for the gauge) close to the engine for accuracy, and an adjustable sender switch for the fan near the rad. This enables you to set the fan to come on at the optimum temperature.

#1809 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:00 PM

These pics show the difference in the abgle for the rear driveshaft. Andy's car is sitting about 4cm lower.
Ade's minus
Posted Image
Andy's minus
Posted Image

Took Ade's out today for a photoshoot and think the cv joint is shot. Will be stripping it tomorrow to fit new cv boots so will find out then.

#1810 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

Thanks Pete,
That is very useful

Cheers
David

#1811 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:11 PM

These pics show the difference in the abgle for the rear driveshaft. Andy's car is sitting about 4cm lower.
Ade's minus
Posted Image
Andy's minus
Posted Image

Took Ade's out today for a photoshoot and think the cv joint is shot. Will be stripping it tomorrow to fit new cv boots so will find out then.

not surprised the cv is shot with it running drive shafts at that angle!thats one reason i dont like the z cars kit!
is the kit different at all on the new minus it looks slightly diff in the pics!

#1812 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:52 PM

Ade's minus
Posted Image
Andy's minus
Posted Image

not surprised the cv is shot with it running drive shafts at that angle!thats one reason i dont like the z cars kit!
is the kit different at all on the new minus it looks slightly diff in the pics!

The kit is pretty much the same. The driveshafts are slightly thinner but generally the same other than. I think the main reason I've had cv boot issues is that we have been running the car too high without realising. As mine was an unknown it was always going to be a learning curve. But don't worry this should all be addressed shortly! :proud:

#1813 minisprint

minisprint

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Local Club: GR8 minis

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

going lower then!

#1814 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

Just measured the ground-clearance on the Buzzwagon. Spot on 4 inches :proud: . More by luck than judgement.

#1815 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

Definately going lower. All carbon arches removed to allow more bodywork to be cut out. Dropped it from 5.5 to 3.5 inches at it's lowest point (ie. the exhaust).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users