4 replies to this topic

#1 jet black

jet black

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:17 PM

hi im new to modifying my mini and would like to know if i can fit an 11 stud 12G940 head to my 1275 engine. i currently have a 9 stud head on there. would the 11 stud 12G940 fit without any modifications? what will happen to the other two stud holes? any help would be great! thanks

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

It's perfectly OK to fit an 11 stud head without using the last two stud holes, they just stay empty.

Are you sure it's a better head than the one you already have? Where is it from?

#3 jet black

jet black

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

It's perfectly OK to fit an 11 stud head without using the last two stud holes, they just stay empty.

Are you sure it's a better head than the one you already have? Where is it from?

hi. thanks alot for the reply. its a full racing head that ive been wanting to buy.

#4 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

engine not out of the car? Would be well worth the tapping 2 more holes. But will run fine otherwise as dan said.

#5 jet black

jet black

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

engine not out of the car? Would be well worth the tapping 2 more holes. But will run fine otherwise as dan said.

no not yet but i need 2 pull it out as its blowing blue smoke out at full throttle (think the rings have gone). what is the advantage of tapping the other 2 holes?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users