#1 jonny d

jonny d

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hi experts my questions are as follows Iam spraying my mini in my friends garage tomorrow night. My primer is HS primer 2k it says4:1:1
I stirred the paint tonight and it seemed really thick (1 will my gun cope its a devilbliss gravity 1.8 (2what pressure should i have (3 will the
gun be ok for the top coat 2k aswell solid colour (only have the one gun) (4 what pressure for the topcoat THANKS IN ADVANCE. J.D.

#2 LilacLilly

LilacLilly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local Club: M.A.D MINI SOCIETY / ABERYSTWYTH

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

to get the pressure right you need to spray it out untill you get what is right for you and so that it doesn't come out to thickly as it will run, but not too fine so it is patchy! Not sure bout the other stuff!

#3 Matt

Matt

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts
  • Local Club: The mini forum - i live here

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:42 AM

what do you mean thick??

and as above.. you have the pressure as high or as low as you want.. as long as the gun isnt spitting the paint.. then its down to personal preference.

#4 Marv 1234

Marv 1234

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Local Club: Prince Bishops

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

Hi experts my questions are as follows Iam spraying my mini in my friends garage tomorrow night. My primer is HS primer 2k it says4:1:1
I stirred the paint tonight and it seemed really thick (1 will my gun cope its a devilbliss gravity 1.8 (2what pressure should i have (3 will the
gun be ok for the top coat 2k aswell solid colour (only have the one gun) (4 what pressure for the topcoat THANKS IN ADVANCE. J.D.

a devilbis gun should be able to spray the primer providing it is mixed to the right ratio.I always spray around 60psi and upwards depending on the paint used.I use Mipa 2 pack and found it to be really good for maximum coverage and price per litre

Attached Files

#5 jonny d

jonny d

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

:o THANKS for your replies everyone muchly greatfull

#6 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

1> Yes that gun is perfect for primer, mix the primer 4:1 with about 10% thinners and it'll be great.
2> 200 psi any higher it'll be rough feeling, any less you won't get a nice even coat.
3> A 1.8 setup is too big for a solid, it'll bang it on too fast and you'll probably get lots of runs! you want a 1.3/1.4
4> Same pressure as the primer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users