11 replies to this topic

#1 ReBorne

ReBorne

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:43 PM

:erm: Ok, this is just a mock up, and to be honest the front panel hasn't come out *quite* as I wanted. But it gives the general idea. The bonnet is to be slightly extended downover, and the spoiler will need to extend up around the lights slightly to keep the shape.
The arches are actually going to be reasonably flat because I want to keep my 10" Sprite alloys....I quite like the way they've been done on the *cough* Mondeo *cough* on AutoStylyings website....
Anyways, more pics on the way soon, I've got them in the camera they just need resized.

Mike (",)

Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:01 PM

i edited the above post to show the picture,,, was playing up for some reason!

its going to be very different!

#3 Boab

Boab

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Local Club: E*S*M*O*C

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:07 PM

Ok, Knightrider and Kit :lol:

#4 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

my name is micheal knight i am celabrity

looks kinda kitsch...or should i say kittsch

#5 ReBorne

ReBorne

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:56 PM

grrrrrr :lol:
Y'know, before I put the damn LED chasers on the front no-one who saw the pic drew any Kitt comparisons... :lol:
Yeah, they're tacky, but I like them, so they stay :tongue:
Like Kitt she's getting a computer inside for the moosic and sat nav - unfortunately the A.I. and voice plugins aren't quite up to scratch yet, so they're not being included.... the dash is a one-piece affair, being worked on to include the 7" screen and will be 100% digital, and the steering wheel (currently a sporty little deep-dish) will have a touchpad (like a laptop) and push-button switches so I can get rid of the nasty stalks from the steering column.
She's already 'kitted up' (he he) with remote opening drivers door, soon to be added to the passenger side. (That doesn't open from the outside anyways, so little difference there.) Engine starting will probably be switches, but I may go for the coded numberpad....
The dash is going to extend down and back as a console to include an arm rest with built in speakers, and there is gonna be a small console on the roof in front of the mirror. (No, no glitter ball. I resisted the urge.)
Lots of mindless electronics are going to be in place just for the hell of it. Oh, and a second battery to power it of course.
Timescale? Complete within 6 months. Stop laughing at the back!

(",)

#6 Madmax

Madmax

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,638 posts
  • Local Club: Grimsby & Louth MOC

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

are ya gonna have a bloke sewn into the drivers seat with two armholes to drive it?

only joking mate, need any help with the audio side just ask

#7 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:25 AM

That looks almost identical to a mini i saw on the wiral to llandudno run :wales:

#8 ReBorne

ReBorne

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:00 PM

Fur Gawds sake, y'know, that happens to me EVERY time?

I decided to do a red/white one with a few extras about 6 years ago.... the next month in Mini World was a one just like how I wanted her........ I decided to do a flatback 2 seater....... I gets the roof cut off and they appear all over the place..... I decide to have a blast at Lambo doors, and suddenly they appear in ALL the car mags a couple of months after I get the actual design finished.....so I scrap that idea.....

Well, to hell with it, this is gonna be the go-ahead one..... I've got quite a few ideas for her, so there's no doubt that overall she'll be quite unique.

(",)

#9 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:31 PM

I wouldn't worry about having a mini that looks the same as someone elses, personally i think every mini looks slightly different and if you're going for a total custom jobby then it will never look identical to any other car n the road.

#10 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:39 AM

looks... interesting

#11 gsms

gsms

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

does it remind anyone else of a Porsche 911?

#12 YoungUn

YoungUn

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Local Club: F.A.B.M.O.C

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:21 AM

jus read this post... and people said my plans where outrageous? hm.....this one looks ace! but a bit.... mindless ( do you have any need for all those electrics?) Hows the progress with creating this monster coming along?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users