#1 JimP

JimP

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Local Club: Bruuums Minis

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

OK after reading so many of other peoples project threads I throught it about time I started one of my own!

I've got a couple of projects on the go at the moment, a mini 40 that needs a fair amount of bodywork due to really bad rust, a Van that I've owned for near enough 10 years and needs a good tidy up bofre it's MOT, a 1380 sleeper Clubbie estate and my convertible. As the others are nearing completion I'll concentrate on the converible!

Here it is:

Attached File  IMG_0151.JPG   912.05K   20 downloads

I've owned it now for a couple of years and it's been sitting on my drive for way too long without being touched so I've decided that the time has come to make a start on it.

The body work isn't too bad, the front end is rotten so will be replaced with a removable steel clubbie front end the bootlid's going to be changed for a smoothed bootlid (going to do this by using the existing lid and welding in some fresh metal) other than that I'm hoping that will be that for the body, but I've yet to have a good poke around underneath so fingers are tightly crossed that's all OK!!

I'll be putting in a new engine, currently going to be a 1275 with 286 cam, stg 3 head, roller rockers and a modded HIF44, am possibly going to fit some straight cut drops but these might be heading for my 1380 now, not sure :w00t:

Have also got to sort the suspension, brakes and interior fortunately I've got a shed full of parts so we'll have to see what's in there as trying not spend too much cash!

Will be making a start at the weekend unless I can find some time one evening, taking the front end off and having a close look at the floors etc so will post up some more pics then :xxx:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users