89red

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Local Club: lsmoc

Posted 13 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

hi guys

need to remove the silver window mechanism n/s i have undone the four screws and prised it away from the putty but its still not coming! are the two gold pins in the middle anything?

i am getting wound up! no pun intended!!!

cheers dan

#2 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:00 AM

When i was doing mine it was very fiddly, once the screws were out it slanted the window and slid the runners to one side so i could get one of the arms out, then i wound it up and the other one would just slid out the runner.

#3 89red

89red

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:03 AM

hi tomf ok cool so there shouldnt be any more fixings then? dan

#4 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,419 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

chock the glass up so it stays at the top of the frame. With the screws out the winder will wind out of the lifter rail.

#5 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:05 AM

There isnt anymore fixings now, but i think you wind it one way all the way so it comes off the runner, then the other way and the glass starts to tilt and it should come off the runner there, but it can be very tricky! thats how i got mine out (not sure if its the right way but haynes confused me) but i think getting it back in is going to be really hard :)

#6 89red

89red

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:08 AM

thanks ethel the arms are out of the runners thats whats caused the problem i think the right arm is bent and twisted so the window is wedged against it but i am calm enough now to have another try! dan

#7 89red

89red

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:10 AM

ta glob do you think its a job for the local mechanic?? i thend to blow a gasket if it dont go smoooove! lol

also would the bent arm be replacable or is it a whole new mechanism ? what ya think??

Edited by 89red, 13 September 2007 - 09:12 AM.

#8 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

ta glob do you think its a job for the local mechanic?? i thend to blow a gasket if it dont go smoooove! lol

also would the bent arm be replacable or is it a whole new mechanism ? what ya think??

haha na you should be able to do it just need a little patience! ones it all out you can see how it works and it gives you a better understanding! if your taking the glass out make sure you take the 2 chome strips off the top of the door othrewise the runners wont come through and you dont want them to come off the glass!

As for the twisted arm, im not that sure, id imagine a whole mechanism as the arm is attached to the spring bit and i can just see it going horribly wrong but im not that sure!

Maybe worth going to a scrappy to practise so if anything does go wrong its not going to set you back loads to repair?

#9 Globule

Globule

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Oh yeha and on the right side (may be left on the left door) theres the flap of metal which lips undernearth the door (easily visible), and haynes said get the arms as close to vertical as possible and then lift the mechanism away, if the window is 'down' i'd put it back up and chock is u like Ethel said!

#10 89red

89red

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

ok thanks for the advice im going in!!!! if i dont come back call the wife and tell her i love her lol

goodbye all dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users