#1 Dodge...

Dodge...

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

Hi there! I'd to start a z cars bike engined project mini but am a bit unsure about the practicalities of the day to day usage of one! Alot of the cars I've seen are race or show cars & was wondering how people get on using them everyday for the likes of work etc? The other thing I'd like any info on is the way they handle in different weather conditions as I'm moving to the Shetland isles in the very near future & don't really fancy putting it off a cliff or in a voe lol!!!

Many thanks for anyones help!!

;D

#2 Spoonz

Spoonz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:36 PM

heya,

good question really, its been posted alot,

bike engine mini to be honest is for weekends and holidays and general days of, you cant fit anything else apart from you and a friend in it so its useless

the electric reverse can get anoying too,

if you were going to have it as a everyday car then you would probably be better off with the honda k20 conversion (honda type R) as its got a conventional reverse and its more comfortable around towns

im building mine for track use and days off so mine is bike engine,

spoonz

#3 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

I agree, even if a bike engined mini did have some space to put stuff, it wouldnt be at all practical as an everyday car by any means!

#4 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

There is also the kit for the B series now. Still loads of power but will be better for day to day usage by my means......

René

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users