2 replies to this topic

#1 the_soon_to_be

the_soon_to_be

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:54 AM

i am attempting to fit my minisport 4 pot brakes for 10" wheels, after i shredded a drive shaft a few weeks ago,

i removed he old shaft fom the hub using a large hammer, after it effectively welded itself to the drive flange, put the new shaft in the hub with the drve flange etc,

but as soon as i attempt to tighten the castle nut up, the whole thing locks up.

and i cannot for the life of me work out why, the only thing i can think of is that the wheel bearing is nackered, but before i go and buy that as well can you lot think why it may be siezing ??

gaz

#2 ginigwunkle

ginigwunkle

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Local Club: sheffield mini club

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

have you changed the disc flange to a metro one?same happened with mine, needed to change that and it worked fine...

the metro flange brings the whole thing out a few mm and stops it catching on the hub...

#3 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

Mini Sport 4 pots are designed to work with Mini flanges, they aren't Metro callipers.

Have you seated the bearing by torqueing using a flat washer before fitting the taper washer? This isn't written in the books just for a laugh, it's important.

I'm a little confused by what you've actually changed as well, the shaft or the CV joint?

Edited by Dan, 22 September 2007 - 12:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users