13 replies to this topic

#1 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:49 AM

...on your R1 powered machines? Interested in Hayabusa's mileage too, but I have a pretty big tank in mine...reason I ask is that I'm thinking of a smallish 4 gallon tank in my r1 fwd conversion and want to know if I'll have to fill 'er up ever 100miles if I do....

Cheers,

Aric

#2 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

Well on mine with the standard Z-cars fuel tank the most I've had was about 170 miles taking it steady motorways mainly. The lowest about 70........ They do get through it when you start getting your toe down :lol:

#3 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hi Ade - do you know what size the std Z-Cars tank is? My Monte Carlo tank is a completely different shape...do you maybe have X Y and X dims on yours?

Cheers,

Aric

Well on mine with the standard Z-cars fuel tank the most I've had was about 170 miles taking it steady motorways mainly. The lowest about 70........ They do get through it when you start getting your toe down :lol:

#4 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 02:52 PM

Managed 34mpg on a steady motorway run. Averaging 70 - 90 :lol:

#5 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

Hi Ade - do you know what size the std Z-Cars tank is? My Monte Carlo tank is a completely different shape...do you maybe have X Y and X dims on yours?

Cheers,

Aric

Sorry I can't remember of the top of my head. I've got a vague recollection that they're a 25ltr tank..... But I could be wrong. It might be worth asking Chris for a definitive answer.

Ade

#6 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:53 PM

I'll ping Chris, but didn't want to distract him from completing my turbo setup :o

Can I get a quick H X W X L? Should be easy to do?

Cheers,

Aric

Well on mine with the standard Z-cars fuel tank the most I've had was about 170 miles taking it steady motorways mainly. The lowest about 70........ They do get through it when you start getting your toe down :)

Sorry I can't remember of the top of my head. I've got a vague recollection that they're a 25ltr tank..... But I could be wrong. It might be worth asking Chris for a definitive answer.

Ade

#7 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

Ok for you I'll try and remember to go out into the garage and wrestle my way down to the tank :o Thought it was a great idea to have the bonnet opening the other way until you try and do things like this!! :)

#8 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:52 PM

Ok z-cars fuel tank dimensions.

45 x 16 x 36cm. Approx. I hope this helps

Ade

#9 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:40 AM

Ok Ade...your dims calculate to about 6.8gal. I'd say conservatively you probably have 6gal+, maybe 6.5gal then....I may need to get a bigger tank for the R1 than the 4gal teensie weensie one I just picked up then...

Thanks for the help and hopefully it wasn't too difficult snaking around your forward tipping Kawasaki green bonnet cover (just watched your car this eve on the Mayhem video by the way :))

Cheers,

Aric

Ade

Edited by Monte Busa, 03 October 2007 - 05:40 AM.

#10 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the help and hopefully it wasn't too difficult snaking around your forward tipping Kawasaki green bonnet cover (just watched your car this eve on the Mayhem video by the way :))

Cheers,

Aric

Wasn't difficult at all picking up the phone to get me to measure the one I have sitting in my garage because he couldn't find a tape measure :o

#11 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

I did go out into the garage and open up said bonnet before I realised i couldn't find the tape measure! >_<

That makes it all better >_<

And in my defense you couldn't find yours either!!! I seem to recall some sanding of C**p off of your spirit level to be able to see the numbers!! >_< >_<

Edited by Ade, 03 October 2007 - 03:17 PM.

#12 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:21 PM

Thanks for the help and hopefully it wasn't too difficult snaking around your forward tipping Kawasaki green bonnet cover (just watched your car this eve on the Mayhem video by the way >_<)

Ade

Ohhh was it fun? I haven't watched it for a while...... always seemed a little slow because he was taking it easy because of the rain!

#13 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the help and hopefully it wasn't too difficult snaking around your forward tipping Kawasaki green bonnet cover (just watched your car this eve on the Mayhem video by the way :w00t:)

Ade

Ohhh was it fun? I haven't watched it for a while...... always seemed a little slow because he was taking it easy because of the rain!

#14 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

quite squirrely you car is in the wet, but Bill was having fun.

I have all the minifilms videos...watch them frequently as a pick me up when I get frustrated staring at my ever-more-expensive piles of parts in the garage...

Cheers - and thanks Pete!

Aric

Thanks for the help and hopefully it wasn't too difficult snaking around your forward tipping Kawasaki green bonnet cover (just watched your car this eve on the Mayhem video by the way :w00t:)

Ade

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users