• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

dog! how far up your rear end are you!?

rare minis!

edit: didnt finish it....

all minis are rare, due to them not being made anymore! "i got a van its really rare, its really cool, it always needs new parts.there is always something wrong with my van" but guess what dog!? its still owned by a {insert word for idiot} >_<

Edited by wolfys_mini, 03 October 2007 - 03:14 PM.

#33 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 02:42 PM

rare minis!

lolol

#34 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

Don't let this turn into an argument peeps, please! >_<

Anyway,

This WON'T be treated as a 'secret hand shake' affair, if you want to go on the stand, get yer name down! >_<

as far as I see it, the list so far seems to be:

Roo - Flip fronted Mini Equinox
Rodders - Standard Paul smith
Fifi - austin/rover 1046 cc
Tjenkos - Hydro! >_<
gottadesigner - designer
Bamby - mini??

I would put my name down, but I doubt my mini will EVER be finished! >_<

#35 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,430 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 03 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

lol that sounds like me too... how many years with out a mini on the road ... years for me now... getting there slowly...

#36 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:06 PM

rare minis!

all minis are rare, due to them not being made anymore! "i got a van its really rare, its really cool, it always needs new parts.there is always something wrong with my van" but guess what dog!? its still owned by a {insert word for idiot} >_<

Was there any need? Your just jelous he has room in the back for grown up activities. >_<

...an yeah vans arent exactly common place and dog hardly throws it around. Hell I probably brag as much about my Knightsbridge.

So yeap Malvern....

Edited by nev_payne, 03 October 2007 - 08:10 PM.

#37 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

rare minis!

Was there any need? Your just jelous he has room in the back for grown up activities. >_<

...an yeah vans arent exactly common place and dog hardly throws it around. Hell I probably brag as much about my Knightsbridge.

So yeap Malvern....

not really jealous, grown up activites?! the owner needs to be a grown up to do said grown up activities in his ultra rare sooper dooper mini van >_<

#38 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:13 PM

Technically his van is quite rare now due to the number of them left on the road, at least compared to your normal round nose salloon.

And we take a dim view of throwing personal insults around. Usually I'd remove the post and probably send a warning, but since MME has already dealt with it I'll leave it at that.

Pie will be dealing with this show, I'll leave it up to him to sort out who's on the stands, however he decides to do that!

#39 JetBLICK

JetBLICK

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: myspace.com/worcesterretro

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

rare minis!

I usually really try not to get drawn into arguments on forums, as its usually a lost cause anyway. But i think that was completely unnecessary!!! Maybe there's a hint of friendly banter there but remember this is a forum and its hard to detect your tone with typed words. Thats aside from the point anyway. Anyone whos into minis knows exactly what constitutes a 'rare' mini. I know everyone loves thier own minis, but you know full well that some minis are more attractive than others in terms of value and general apeal. I.E Mk1's, vans, travellers, estates, ERA's etc etc. Yet despite this you insist on kicking up a fuss and insulting people, not to mention that i'd already explained what was goin on, and dog had done nothing wrong!! - in fact he'd already said -

Hold up there. I never wanted this argument, I was just saying.
Yes I am with you Roo, and I am with Bamby.. All Minis are rare, as they are no longer a production model, and I agree that everyone should be given the chance to go on a club stand.

On that grounds what you said was completely unnecessary, and for that i shame you....

SHAME ON YOU WOLFY, SHAME ON YOU! >_<

now, soz... please continue the list.... >_< pies gonna ave a bit of a shock when he get back and sees this

#40 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:54 AM

Jesus Joseph and doggy style mary!!!

What the FAP has been going on whilst ive been away?!

Right first things first.

Yes i have been PMing people about the stand I am not going to hide this. And before anyone says it, its not favouritism it is purely because they have an intresting car.
So far one person whos car WAS on the stand last year has accepted an invite, and possibly Dan (JewBLICK) as his car didnt actually make it (it blew up on the way).

As i said last year (which started a huge argument about "everyones mini is special") we are after eye catching minis. Im talking 7 ports, 8 ports, kad 16valvers, honda engined minis, z-cars, factory spec minis. I will keep that list in mind BUT Roo and Rodders you both had your car on the stand last year. Im not saying you wont get a place on the stand but we must give other people a chance to show their cars too.

As Dan said, i am trying to get TWO stands. One for TMF and one for BH2N 2008. I already have 2 magazine featured cars, and 2 ring runners. Each stand has 6 places so there are 4 places left and i am still waiting responce from;

a) the organisers to say if we have 1 or two stands

and

b)people who are mid build with some very intresting cars.

One of the reasons i have started PMing people about the show is due to last years lack of intrest. I had to ask one of my mates if he would show his car in a last minute dash. The thing about the malvern show is its a small show and in the middle of nowhere, therefore people arent really willing to travell but we shall see if the intrest of this years show is more than last years.

As i said, i am still awaiting replies from the organisers and people finishing their cars but please continue with the list so i know who is committed to the show.

THIS IS NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE As i said, roo and rodder

Any questions please feel free to contact me via PM (excluding JewBLICK :kiss:)

Pie

#41 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

That sucks :kiss:

So, if you cant afford to make your Mini spotless, or have a big engine.. you arent welcome! lol

IMO Mini shows are where club members can feel part of the show and be involved, not about showing off whats in the club and limiting enty to specifications.

Frequent poster of the club, average Mini. You cant go on the stand

Not many posts, immaculate 16v Mini. Yeah, come join on the stand

Ignore me if its nothing like that, but thats the way it seems.. and Im sure it does to others.

Edited by TJenkos, 06 October 2007 - 12:27 PM.

#42 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:30 PM

I did NOT say that. Last year we had one hybrid mini (purple Toms vauxhall mini) two rallye replicas, racing greens mini, rodders' paul smith, roos equinox and mine (as a replcement for dans)

If you look at the pictures from last year three of the cars were COVERED (and i mean covered) in mud.

#43 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, it was just this bit I was going by..

we are after eye catching minis. Im talking 7 ports, 8 ports, kad 16valvers, honda engined minis, z-cars, factory spec minis. I will keep that list in mind BUT Roo and Rodders you both had your car on the stand last year. Im not saying you wont get a place on the stand but we must give other people a chance to show their cars too.

I just think that as a club stand it should be about meeting members in person, having a laugh and just really getting involved, and not setting specifications to be allowed..

Edited by TJenkos, 06 October 2007 - 12:35 PM.

#44 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:00 PM

Like every show every TMF member is welcome at the stand and by all means should come and say hello to us all but the stand is there to promote TMf and therefore you need cars to make people stop and come into the stand and remember the name.
this year we are promoting the forum and the BH2N run. so if you have a 7 port or 8 port and on the stand and someone says "oh whats that" they then come into the stand you have caught their attention, and can now try and get them to sign up.

#45 JetBLICK

JetBLICK

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: myspace.com/worcesterretro

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:13 PM

Its all about pie's ambition to take over the world... this is just the start :kiss:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users