13 replies to this topic

#1 whatsacar

whatsacar

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:44 PM

im just wondering if any of u guys know how to get access to the mirrors from the inside. i have some bullet mirrors on my car which i want to replace, but i took the interior door panel off and couldn't work out how to get access to them. any help would be amazin.

#2 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:51 PM

Hi! Why do you need to access the mirrors from the inside especially? I'm putting new mounts on my bullet mirrors and all access is from outside.

#3 whatsacar

whatsacar

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:12 PM

the only way i can get the old ones off is to undo the two bolts from the inside. infact thats how i have to put the new ones i bought on as well!

#4 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:44 PM

Pain in the ass I know!

My mini had threaded rivets in the door, But there is one missing so I had to push a bolt through from the inside.

What you need to do is take your door card out, Wind your window RIGHT down, and get sombody with small hands to put their hand up. There is a hole but its quite small, I got my little sister to push a bolt through the hole. Then I put a nut on and held the bolt from the outside with a pair of pliars until It got tight...

Hope this helps...

<|Ben|>

#5 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:44 PM

Sorry, mine are just self tapping screws ... :lol:

#6 hatchet

hatchet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:00 AM

Whatsacar.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You should be able to access the bolts by winding your window all the way down and then loosening the bolts with a spanner through where the glass goes down into the door.

Good luck.

Abbo

#7 Lora222

Lora222

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:14 AM

:lol:

#8 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:30 AM

best way to get them off is big hammer, swing and bang!
lol
yea tommy mate if u need a hand i'll be workin on the mini at about 5ish this eve?

#9 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:03 PM

Ok, I got my bullets this morning too :grin:

Sorry, What I said up there is Bull**** because I thaught it was a nut and a bolt when its in actual fact only a bolt which goes into the body of the mirror.

Im going to have fun trying to fit them today :cheese:

<|Ben|>

#10 whatsacar

whatsacar

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:31 PM

woooooooo! i did it. it was a total pain in the ass. luckily i have thin arms so it wasn't too bad. thanks 4 the help guys.

#11 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

So what do you guys think? I think they look ok, but we had them on our car for not more than 3 hours...

MiniMoi

#12 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:02 AM

Well I put one of them on 2day and my dad Drilled to huge holes to get a socket through to tighten them up. :lol:
I cnat believe he drilled to big holes in my inner door pannel, Whan an ar5e! Now ive got to find some way of making these holes look neat, He hasnt even drilled them neatly either :nugget:

<|Ben|?

#13 whatsacar

whatsacar

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:40 AM

i had some trouble fitting the left hand door mirror. i dont know why but the door was different inside to the right one. no room to get your hand up inside it (no rude comments please!) so i ended up undoing the old bolts (i already had old rusty bullets on) and doing up the new ones from the gap thats left in the top of the door when the window is put down. i had to do like an 8th of a turn with the spanner everytime.......took ages!

#14 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:27 PM

me and my dad have the same problem... i tihnk if you take the bit of the top of the door thats ment to stop the water getting in off then wind the window down it should be easy to get to! when i fit mine (easter time) then ile take loads of picys showing you how i did it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users