#151 miniturbonutter

miniturbonutter

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Local Club: Phoenix MOC

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

Looking good alan. Any special plans for the back of the trailer? airbrushing? "Long Mini Vehicle" sticker on bootlid??

What about " Long Short Vehicle" :D

#152 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred & Exhausted mini club

Posted 12 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

After a wekend of family bits und peeses, now got a week @ home to 'do stuff'.

Been out with f/glass flipper and sanded down to give a good key. Sprayed on some plazzy primer followed by couple of coats of grey high build primer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to let that harden for a few days, then sand down and slap on blue job and lacquer.

The f/glass doors are next on the list, then back into 'da shack' for more playing with bodywork. :wub:

#153 MrMini

MrMini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Looking awesome! I cant wait for the weeks updates! :wub:

#154 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

Been playing with the f/glass doors today as promised, bit o' sanding for key, couple of coats of plazzy primer followed with a generous helping of filler primer. Allow to harden for a few days before garnishing with Arizona Blue metallic and a sprinkling of clear glassine lacquer - Delia Smith eat yer heart out!!! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Father came over today & we measured up 'piano' hinges (they're the long ones!) for gull -wing doors, tomorrow will be sizing up and possibly fitting. ;D ;D
Tonight will be digging out the door furniture, locks and stuff and giving them a once over to make sure they're ok 4 de job!

Lots to do and I'm luvving it :- :-

Edited by dekz2uk, 12 May 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#155 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

My father popped over today and we played with the doors/ piano hinges etc and hey presto!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

Posted Image

Using hinges on slowpee edge of door frame with only a little bit of hinge showing (will paint bloo anyways!).

Posted Image

My father (nearly 85 y/old) nearly got eaten by frisky newly primed trailer but I came to rescue. :lol:

Posted Image

Just primed roof with Zinc 182 base metal primer - off back out to slosh on some high buid primer now. :)

Posted Image

More stuff soonest!! :thumbsup:

#156 Kernal H

Kernal H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:03 PM

Nice idea for the doors! Do they work tho... like properly? Looks like a cheaper way to get gullwing doors at any rate!

#157 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Nice idea for the doors! Do they work tho... like properly? Looks like a cheaper way to get gullwing doors at any rate!

I'll have the outside handle setup but that will be for looks only - I'm looking at other (lighter) ways to lock/secure the doors. :thumbsup:

#158 daryl_crossley

daryl_crossley

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Local Club: WWW.LCMOC.COM

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

looking good now those doors are awesome and youve done a good job on that front end but noticed that bracket thingy is still bolted onto the bottom of it...

almost there i hope you have another project lined up for when you finish this one

are you doin mini in the park???? if so will hopefully see you there

#159 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

Looking good :thumbsup:

have you had to reinforce the door frames so they will hinge like that?

Also how do you think the Zinc 182 down to spray? what did you use and what ratio? as i was looking as doing this soon...

#160 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

looking good now those doors are awesome and youve done a good job on that front end but noticed that bracket thingy is still bolted onto the bottom of it...

almost there i hope you have another project lined up for when you finish this one

are you doin mini in the park???? if so will hopefully see you there

Alan wont be at MITP as he and the trailer will be at Das Nurburgring.

#161 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:59 AM

Thanx 4 the thanx guyz -well spotted Daryl, the bracket thingy is coming off soon. I have another awesome project 'on the cards' after this but wifey reads posts so 'hush hush' @ mo. :unsure: Mr Pie is right, I will be going to the Ring so will miss MITP, soory mate. :o

Hi Tom, I've used a strip of 3mm perspex running down inside door frame to add a bit of strength - does the trick! :thumbsup: The mix was Zinc 182 with a 10% cellulose thinner added @ around 70psi + breathing gear (otherwise it don't smell too good and you start seeing miglias and coopers flying by outside :ermm: :errr: ). It went on well, allowed 15-20 mins between coats (3) - job done. :thumbsup: Allow good hour B4 lightly sanding down with 600grit to remove hickies then 2coats high build primer - allow to dry for a few days then topcoat it.

Mr Pie 100% correct - I will be @ 'da Ring' with lots of goodies (including new 4-head laser :) :) :w00t: on order but don't tell wifey!!!! :techsupport: )

#162 MrMini

MrMini

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

Come on, ... wheres the next update? :withstupid:

#163 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:14 PM

is there any more to update on this?? cant wait to see it all finished

#164 dekz2uk

dekz2uk

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

:- back to the trailer then!!! ;) Haven't updated recently due to other things needing doing - I won't boor you with details but been repairing/painting/laying/planting & everythininginging to do with house. ;) to keep wifey happy so I can crack on with 'La ******* 2'.

Today travelled a gazzilion miles to collect memory mattress for trailer - off fleebay for £46 (new £500+ woopeee :P ).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is this comfortable or what ;) ^_^ -_- - nearly ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! trying it out!!

Spent a while with wet und dry, soap & water on flip front before slapping on a few coats of 'Arizona Blue' top coat. Lookz blueming alright.

Posted Image

Going to let it dry o/night then fine wet und dry it b4 another few coats tomorrow. :)

Father coming over tomorrow to play with doors/locking/latches etc.

#165 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 31 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

nice blue bench :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users