#1 beasty

beasty

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

Hi all.

I have just bought my first Mini. It is a Mk3 1978 model (850cc), it is a lovely thing; but I cannot determine what the paint colour is.

It is a dark orange, perhaps a red. It has been suggested that it could be Cardinal Red, Flamenco Orange and a few others, and from Internet pictures I simply cannot tell. Is there a sure-fire way of knowing?

Thanks kindly!

#2 Mini 360

Mini 360

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: Independent

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

There should be a paint code on the plate to the bottom left of the engine bay. Then once you have this code either search on the internet or go to any motor parts outlet and they shopuld be able to tell you what it is.

For example my code is because which is Cranberry Red.

#3 beasty

beasty

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:36 PM

There should be a paint code on the plate to the bottom left of the engine bay. Then once you have this code either search on the internet or go to any motor parts outlet and they shopuld be able to tell you what it is.

For example my code is because which is Cranberry Red.

Thank you so much. I am having a new bumper put on, and when I get it back I will take a look :)

#4 beasty

beasty

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 04:52 PM

Going on from my previous question about paint. I may wish to get the little fella resprayed in the same colour as before as he is looking a little worn. Anyone know the cost (average) to get this done, and does anyone have any recommendations of companies to use? (I'm in the Brighton area).

#5 Mini25racer

Mini25racer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Local Club: .....

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:05 AM

lol. well minie aint hard lol.. is a 25 only did in silver....

#6 chrissyb007

chrissyb007

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: BHMC BIGGIN HILL MINI CLUB

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

you sure its not vermillion red which is a type of orangy red colour....quite a few this colour
and going on prices your looking at about 600-1000 for a blow over. find a coachworks in the yellow pages and get some quotes!!!! bear in mind this will probably be only the outside as roughly 1500 for full car...

good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users